Dealing with Scarabas' Guide (Completed 100%)

J35u5_M4

Difficult Level: Hard

Start Location: Speak with High Priest in Sophanem

Required

Quests: The Feud, Contact!, Zogre Flesh Eaters

Skills:

Level 60 Thieving

Level 50 Agility

Level 60 Strength

Level 21 Firemaking

Items:

10 Gold Artifacts from Pyramid Plunder Mini-game

1 Gold Artifact from the Agility Pyramid Agility Course

Bronze Items (Will be said later)

Camel Dung

Suggested:

Quests: None

Skills:

Level 70 Agility

Level 80 Strength

Level 80 Hitpoints

Level 70 Thieving

Items:

Full Verac's Armor

Pharaoh Scepter

Abyssal Whip

Relicym's Balm, Super Antipoison, Super Set, Prayer Potions/Super Restores

Monsters: Giant Scarab (Level-206), Scarabas High Priest (Level-148)

NPC: Sophanem's High Priest, Maisa, Lead Archaeologist, Simon Templeton, Clay Golem, Scarabas High Priest

[hide=Walkthrough (Click here to Show)]

First, go to Sophanem and talk to the High Priest, then go up and talk you'll see a cutscene, then talk to Maisa, she'll tell you that you have to go investigate the east of the city, and that she tried to avenge Kaleef, who died during the Contact! quest.

Head east of the city (Don't forget your waterskins!!!). When you see a red rock formation, go south and get in. When you're in the swamp go through the bushes until you reach a fallen pillar, then climb it. Here talk with the Lead Archaeologist. She'll ask you a favor, but first you have to test you can deal with Simon Templeton, she'll give you some math problems, get out your calculator, after you do them she'll tell you need to bring Simon Templeton: 10 Gold Artifacts from the Pyramid Plunder Mini-game, 1 Gold Artifact from the Agility Pyramid Agility Course, and some bronze items (She'll send you to bring any item, I had to bring 6 plateskirts, you might have to send another item) and she'll tell you that Simon wants the bronze item to be ancient, since this is a problem, the Lead Archaeologist will tell you that if you use some Camel Dung on the bronze items while you're standing below the hot sun, they'll look ancient. Then she'll hand you a crate, where you will put the bronze items in.

To get the dung, there are two ways, first one is that you get your camulet out, talk to a camel and ask him to make poo, after it does use a bucket on the dung and you'll get a bucket of dung, second way to get dung is, to go Pollnivneach and buy some red hot sauce, then use on the camel's food, they will poo right away and you'll be able to get the dung, after you have the dung use it on the bronze items and put them in the crate.

After you have all the required items, bring them to Simon Templeton and he'll give you a receipt that he received the items, bring this receipt to the Lead Archaeologist. After this she'll give you an empty book, and tell you to get 4 notes, Kill skeletons, mummies, zombies or scarabs for these (I suggest the level 97 Zombies, they are pretty easy and they drop them very often). After you have the notes use them in the book and bring it to the Lead Archaeologist. Then she'll give you a key, at this point I suggest: Teleport to a bank, get out your fighting supplies (I used: 1 super set, 2 prayer potions, 1 relicym's balm, 1 super anti poison, a drag dagger p++, a 1 click teleport, one Pharaoh Scepter and one 1-click teleport, rest sharks). After having your setup, go back to the Lead Archaeologist and head north, go down the stairs.

In here go to the furnace-like thing and get some logs from the fuel supplier (You can only get 1 log, 1 teak log and 1 magic log). Use the log in the furnace-like thing and then talk to the Clay Golem. Tell him you're ready for the test, here he'll ask you where to use the steam, If you use the highest on the scarab you'll hurt him by 105, but I don't suggest this, do this: 1st Steam goes to the Mysterious Box Room, 2nd Steam goes to the Narrow Room, 3rd Steam goes to the Empty Room and the 4th Steam goes to the Scarab room (This way scarab will get hurt by 1, so you have to fight it whole).

After telling the golem what to do with the Steams you'll: Go to the pipe room, cross the pipe pull the lever and go back, then go to the empty room, pull the lever, then go to the Mysterious Box room, here you'll find a puzzle, which is like the memory game, but there is 3 of each type of rune, instead of 2, write down the position of runes on a paper on on Microsoft Excel. If you click on the Cog, Pinion and the other cog (the more that is more down) you'll get extra turns (NOTE: You might fail, the higher the steam, the less you fail that's why the highest steam goes here). After you do the puzzle, use your super set, magic prayer and go to kill the scarab level 206, after killing it pull the lever and the door to the west should be open. Note: If you fail any of the tests on the rooms, you have to start over, using a new log on the furnace-like thing

Be prepared for the final battle:, when you go through the west door, check the floor there are traps that poison and get you diseased, if you wanna do this quick do this: Run all west no matter what traps you get and heal when necessary, when you see the room with the Scarabas High Priest, get in. Then you will be alone with him, at this point drink again from your super set, turn on Piety prayer (if you don't have use Chivaldry or the normal prayers), drink your whole Relicym's Balm until the diseased is healed, drink from the super antipoison and talk with the priest, tell him that the room smells like unholiness, then he'll fight you. (When the small scarabs appear, KILL THEM). He'll talk during the fight so you'll have to start over (He'll only talk like 2 or 3 times). After you kill him he'll talk again and his insanity will be gone, at this point select the option 'What on deities is happening?' or something like that.

At this point you're practically done, the Scarabas High Priest will tell you that he'll stop bothering the Sophanem city, tell this to the Sophanem High Priest and Quest Completed!

[/hide]

Reward:

7k Prayer XP

7K Agility XP

7K Strength XP

7K Thieving XP

Ability to make enchanted water tiaras (You can only have 1 at a time)

Quest Points Gained on Completion: 1

Tips, Tricks & Notes:

- After the quest you can go back to the Lead Archaeologist Camp and kill more skeletons for a mini quest, to get more of the book's pages, there are 22 in total, after using them in the book bring it to the Lead Archaeologist and she'll give you a reward of 10,000gp.

-To make enchanted water tiaras: Use 3 water runes on a water tiara and you'll get an enchanted water tiara with 1 charge, every 3 water runes are 1 charge, charges are used instead of water skin doses, means if you have 3k water runes, which is 1k charges, you'll have 1k water skin doses in the tiara, you have to wear the tiara to make it work, this is a good way to go in the desert without using so many inventory space in water skins.

-If you destroy the enchanted water tiara, you'll get the runes according to the charges back and a water tiara, on the floor (If you used 3k waters for 1k charges, but you destroy the tiara with 500 charges, you'll only get 1.5k waters back. This is an example on how many runes you get back).

-You can also use the highest steam on the scarab room to hurt it by 105, but if you do this the puzzle will be harder (because you'll miss more the thing that you do to et more turns).

-If you click the X while doing the puzzle you'll fail and have to start over again.

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

hmmm - i did all that stuff with the high prist of scabaras (as best i could - things were moving very fast) and he finally gave up and died and left bones and one note

i went back to high priest of sophanem and the dialogue did not come up and i could not finish - what did i do wrong? the archeologist says i need more pages.... is that it (was not in the guide)

what to do????

• 5 months later...