Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Computer freeze on Chatroulette and Omegle

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Dark_Sandman
[ Display Name History ]

Dark_Sandman

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 3 posts
I got a brand new laptop windows 7, i updated my flash, but whenever i go on chatroulette or omegle,right after i click on allow to use mic and cam the whole computer just totally freezes up, cant use the mouse or task manager, nothing. then i have hold the power button to force shutdown.

my old computer on the other hand works fine, the site makes the web browser crash every now and then but it works, so im just wondering and curious why, please help.

thank you ^__^

Romy
[ Display Name History ]

Romy

[Witty and Meaningful rank]

• Members
  • 3,172 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Moving this to Tech & Comptuers. ;)

~Romy

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,671 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Maybe you should stop showing yourself off on webcam then?

In all seriousness, did you try using the webcam with anything else? Like skype, windows live messenger? Did you also try different browsers?
Old School RuneScape Price Guide & Marketplace

One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
So, in short: the internet.

3U2JjzT.png

wingwinder
[ Display Name History ]

wingwinder

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:wingwinder

I got a brand new laptop windows 7, i updated my flash, but whenever i go on chatroulette or omegle,right after i click on allow to use mic and cam the whole computer just totally freezes up, cant use the mouse or task manager, nothing. then i have hold the power button to force shutdown.

my old computer on the other hand works fine, the site makes the web browser crash every now and then but it works, so im just wondering and curious why, please help.

thank you ^__^

What browser are you using?

I had a similar problem on tinychat while using chrome. I think that Chrome doesn't have full flash support so it can get a little buggy on webcams.

If you aren't using chrome, then just switch to opera, see if it works, if that doesn't work use IE if you really have to.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Nadja
[ Display Name History ]

Nadja

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
This might be because of your browser, but in case you can't solve the problem by changing it, you may try to install a different version of Flash. Some chatroulettes do not seem to like the latest version...try installing the previous one, this could fix the problem!

jimmy_jim
[ Display Name History ]

jimmy_jim

"Fly me to Muse"

• Members
  • 4,740 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

This might be because of your browser, but in case you can't solve the problem by changing it, you may try to install a different version of Flash. Some chatroulettes do not seem to like the latest version...try installing the previous one, this could fix the problem!

Please don't bump threads which are so old.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Eo-KmOd3i7s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users