My love for 3D

Fresi

I decided to dive into my bathtub and ended up in a lake. That is the way i would describe my new 3D project made in Blender 2.6/gimp <3

I started with the haul, and now I'm decorating the inside of the thing, whilst i know there is still tone of stuff missing on the outside.. the blender file is at the moment at 20Mb and I'm not even close to finished.

I might have taken on 2 big of a project, but wth. so here it is :)

Battle ship Orion Of the Hemerios 10 space ship fleet. (the background is not my own work! its a poster from the net ;O should have the source written down somewhere if needed:))

bsorionsplitup.jpg

It contains

36 CRP Fighters

1280 Big missiles. (almost same lenght as a CRP Fighter)

24 Big Rail Guns

5 Main Cannons

144 single bed rooms

Ship Repair Bay

Ship Loding Bay

Crp Bay

6 5 man escape pods.

4 -z/z engiens

2 y engiens

so much is still missing, and I have not even begun filling in small stuff, like tables beds chairs etz, I'm screwed! :P

Oh and also, I finnaly managed to make a realistic 0 gravity explosion, so i might soon make a space battle animation with it :)

(the explosion is directed away from a a invisible surfes)

explotionblender.jpg

looks better as an animation :)

Edit 15th Feb 2012:

Adding a picture to more clearly show the scale of the damn thing, and also of my mining prospector :)

scaleo.jpg

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

1 week for the orion + the explosion aka playing around with smoke simulation for the first time.

gets faster all the time as you learn how to use your keyboard and functions :)

the human im using as a scale model did in fact take 3 months to make/rig (it prob has almost the same amount of normals as orion) as it was my first project :)

Atm im also trying to learn all there is about motion taking in blender, that im hopping to use in my next video aka adding blender stuff into a real life environment ,it will slow down the progress, but only yesterday I added the final rooms to the inside of the ship, including the cool command bridge that I'm soooooo looking forwards to get ready as you will be able to see threw the glass and all, creating the view you see in so many films/games :), so now I'm starting on the interior/walls/texture

In summary, very hard to estimate the time it has taken as I constantly get side tracked learning new stuff about blender.

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Very cool :thumbsup: I'm currently working on 3D space ship models myself, but they're for class :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

• 4 weeks later...

still playing around.. atm I'm motion tracking trying to add space ship to real live video, unfortunately my real video camera is back at my birth home, so im stuck on that front :/ so I'm not playing around with stuff, learning more about smoke,particles,cloth, modifier,uavs etz for the fun of it.

stunning how some of some of the playing around can create things that i fall for. like watching 60000 spheres in different colors fly around in the air, colliding with each other, slowly moving outwards.

as for my spaceship, well i find a small problem, and I'm now correcting that problem, unfortunately its taking allot of time as i have to go threw a ton of items 1 by 1 :P

here is a render of something i find a bit simple, yet beautiful in a way.

blobs.png

playing around with materials creating a glass jar, might put some green liquid inside it ;D

jar.png

fresiandthesheep1.jpg