Chroma

Nexaduro

A flash of light, sounds of shattering glass and crackling flame, and a feeling of concussed weightlessness as the world goes dark.

Mondays, amirite?

Somewhere in another Europe, many years from now, a humble passenger airship has crashed; its cargo of merchants, transients, scavengers, and hopeful colonists is dumped unceremoniously on unfamiliar ground. You, dear player, are among them. Lift yourself from the rubble, and carve your place in the world! Or just mess about and shoot things, I suppose.

The world setting is unnecessarily complex and has no small degree of nebulousness. Thus, I will attempt to present it in a simple summary sort of format:

1. Setting: The setting is a mixed up sort of semi-post-apocalypse world. I will be unabashedly, and perhaps incompetently, mashing together elements of Stalker, Warhammer, various faerie tales, and whatever else catches my attention at the time. Technology can be anywhere between swords and walking laser-tanks, depending on who you're dealing with.
  2. Environment: I am horrible with maps. This is a fact. However, I will try my darndest to represent the game world through text, which is a sort of truncated Earth that intersects with scenic hell dimensions and is peppered with places that distort reality, biology, and common sense. It is suggested that you know what you're getting into before running about in unknown territory, though I'll probably find some way of being unrealistically forgiving as a GM. I always do.
  3. Factions: Three major groups will be in play over the course of the game, potentially with smaller, more secretive, or locally based groups going in and out of focus. They are the New British Empire (more awesome name pending), the Federated States of Europe, and the Russo-American Coalition (wouldn't you know it, no more arctic sea!). The first is Imperium-esque with high technology, the second is the most varied in terms of both technology and mindset, and the third has little political organization or influence, but a combination of camaraderie (see: alcohol), determination (as above), and hardiness (say it with me now!) keeps their people strong.
  4. Magic: The average person doesn't know much about it, save for the wisdom of old stories (feel free to improvise from fiction, so long as you put thinking into it). Some undead hate mirrors, others hate light, or fire. Magic and iron don't mix. Demons and the like can be trapped in mazes, patterns, and puzzles. On the other hand, applied wizardry all comes down to will, wisdom, and chutzpah. Just try to be clever, logical, and don't expect to shoot fire from your eyeballs.
  5. Religion: I'll be avoiding this like the Blue Plague (you'll be able to roll for knowledge on that when the game starts, if you like). Don't expect any gods coming to your aid, or real world religions having any sway in this world.

That's most of it written down. Now, it's late, so I'm off to bed. Feel free to ask any questions you like, and I may try for a IRC questions session tomorrow at around 4 or 5:30 PM EST.

Game mechanics will probably be based on good ol' D'neering d20 rolls. I'll have character creation guidelines up, schoolwork and procrastination permitting, within a week. Ta-ta for now!

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Where does the name Chroma come from?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I usually don't care much for post-apocalyptic, but lately I've been cooking up a lot of ideas that neccessitate magic that isn't limited to certain spells, and as I've been lacking an outlet for them, I'll be looking forward to this.

Though by "magic and iron don't mix", do you mean that warriors don't like magic, metal is resistant (or volatile) against magic or that iron specifically nullifies magic? This would be useful to know since one of those ideas involves enchanting a bunch of tungsten with a cantrip spell to basically make it a part of my identity in combat.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Where does the name Chroma come from?

I'm glad you asked...

I may have sorta color-coded the various factions based on the Four Temperaments. I think there were some other reasons, but I was tired when I thought of them. I'm sure they'll come back to me later.

Also I thought it sounded rather nifty.

@Mather: Iron makes magic harder to use. If someone sticks a crowbar through your gut, among other problems, you probably won't be able to cast very well. On the flip side, were you suddenly to lose a lot of blood (what with the iron in hemoglobin) you might be able to do something like throw a fair-sized fireball before you pass out.

This will probably be more relevant for NPCs, because I'm not giving you massive amounts of magic to start off. You'll have the ritual stuff like summoning or defending against the undead, if you're cautious and roll well, but again, don't expect to shoot lasers or summon tornadoes. For the time being.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

#Chroma is up. I'll be back in a minute.

Mostly decided how I'm working the game system.

Feel free to join if there's anything you want to know!

RIP Dawngate ;-;