LEESTERS COMPLETE BARROWS GUIDE - Updated 1 Feb 2008 (AOW)

Leesters

Guide originally posted Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:46 pm

Original discussion topic (can post replies): http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=331159

This Guide is for folks who have already been to the Barrows. In case you've never been there, please check out Tip It's Barrows Guide, which includes maps, pictures, and almost everything else included in this guide.

The Complete Guide to Succeeding at the Barrows:

02-1-08: Time for a rewrite.

2-21-06: Kill count update. Also, more experience doing Barrows updates the guide with some tweaks, including using Verac armor, and super restore potions. Verac has great pray bonus, and super restore pots restores prayer AND agility. It restores 1 point better than pray pot.

12-1-05 The Barrows Guide on the main site will now make this guide obsolete, in a way. All topics of sidestepping, safespots, low level tips, high level no-pray pot methods, and even stuff that is not on here that should have been, (like cool pictures) are all now covered in the new main site guide.

11-20-05

The opening of the chest will now spawn the sixth brother, if he is not already dead from a regular door spawn. Only the tunnel mound brother will be spawned at the chest..

9-20-05

Karil has mysteriously changed his combat abilities. He is now arguably the most difficult brother to deal with. I have changed the guide to reflect this.

7-25-05

The popular technique using two players to "block" a barrow from getting to his attacker has been "fixed". The guide has been updated to reflect this. There is no more blocking. Barrow brothers will now walk through everything and everyone.

The following post will tell you how to get rich at the Barrows, and how to do it as cheaply as your level allows. There is so many tricks to making this easier, that you'll almost want to print this.

TOP 10 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:

10 ) Do not expect to kill one brother and open the chest and get a Guthans Spear. THESE ARE RARE DROPS. The more brothers you kill, the better your chances. I opened the chest 396 times. 6 brother-kills each time. I got 22 drops, if you include the dragon meds, but don't include the half keys. So, my odds were 1:108 for each brother killed, or 1:18 for every trip to the chest.

This is a numbers game. How many brothers can you kill in an hour? Its all about speed, which will be the only thing that will multiply your chances.

9 ) The kill count does not increase the chance of a Barrows item drop. Do not waste your time killing 100 skeletons every drop. Its speed, remember. Kill all the brothers fast, get to the chest fast, and get back fast.

The more killcount means the better chance you have of getting more valuable runes. Not more runes. Just better types. Bloods vs Minds.

8 ) House portal for "Kharryl" (Cannifis pub) is suggested if you aren't using noted pray pots. You have to make many trips to the chest to be successful. And you won't be able to make that many if you're walking back from Varrock.

"Ghosts Ahoy" also gives you a tele device close to Port Plasymys, which is another option better than walking from Varrock.

With the new agility shortcut (55 agility), its not as long as a walk from Varrock. It bypasses the temple tunnel under ground. If you are coming from Varrock, there are two altars.. one in town, and one on the way to the Barrows at the Temple there.

7 ) "In Serach of Myreque" or "Fairy Tale II" is even moreso required if you aren't using noted pray pots or POH.. Without it, to get to the Barrows involves the longest walk in the game. Without these quests, you'll have to walk from Varrock, thru the temple, all the way through the swamp, through a very long winding walkway, and across a town just to get to the bridge of the barrows. BOTH QUESTS ARE EASY AND FUN, and you can run from bank to barrows with 100 energy with either of these shortcuts.

The best shortcut is from your POH, as you can recharge your prayer, and tele back to Cannifis pub in one easy step.

6 ) IF YOU ARE USING PRAY POTS, NOTE THEM This is your good option, if you are using pray pots. You can bring as many as you want with you. If you've done "Shades of Mort'ton", you can use the general store in the town next to the Barrows (which doesn't have a bank) to "un-note" your food and potion supplies. If you haven't done this, you bring a bunch of notes, sell the amount you need to the store, and they'll sell them back to you in items. Its how you un-note stuff without a bank. So, you take 1000 shark notes, and 1000 pray pot notes, and the only time you'll have to bank is to dump off your goodies. Only drawback is you can't recharge your prayer for free. How much would this increase your chances? You have better odds than me, because while I'm walking back from the altar, you're killing pinkies. Keep track of who you've killed, and where your ladder is to get back up.

5 )Mage is required to kill 4 of the 6 brothers effectively. Slayer 55 is the best option, but not required. Why?? Because you can cast Magic Dart. The chest will provide all the runes you need for Magic Dart. You will be able to keep ALL chaos and blood runes, and you will still make more deaths and minds then you will use. Without using Magic Dart, the barrows will not provide its own supplies. If you get over 10 kill count every time, you probably won't ever run out of deaths and minds for Magic Dart. And you can enjoy the huge piles of bloods and choas somehow else. (Iron dragons for me) If you would like to use your bloods and save your death piles, switch to air staff and auto-attack with Wind Wave.

4 ) Attack these guys the right way. If you glance at the stats of these sets, they are very triangle based. Very strong at thier style, but defenseless against their weakness. If you attack their strength, you're gonna waste time, money, and resources, and decrease your numbers. And the good news is, their weaknesses are VERY weak. These guys are pures.

3 ) Defend against these guys the right way. They're offense is potent. You must bring two outfits. Good Melee/range defense, and good mage defense. More on this later.

2 ) Food is required. No where to fish at the Barrows. The chest does not provide lobby or shark notes. PRAY POTS NOT REQUIRED! Yes, you can do this and completely avoid spending pray pots if you can handle the 3 weaker brothers on your own, which is fairly easy.

And, the Number One thing to know before you know what you need to know is....

Level 43 Prayer required.

Abililty to kill powerful 115 monster.

Melee prayer vs Dharok at ALL TIMES is strongly suggested.

I ) TRAVEL PLANS

This is how you get there and back.

Best Option] Requires POH with Kharyl portal, "Search of Myreque"

1) Tele to house, recharge your prayer

2) Use Kharyl portal from house to Cannifis pub

3) Run to Canifis bank and load up.

4) Go to trap door south wall of bar.

5) Take boat to Barrows Bridge (have enough energy to run through swamp. This takes 40 energy with 66 kg)

6) Kill 5 brothers in the mound, and then take the tunnel

7) Open doors relentlessly until 6th brother appears, or spawn tunnel brother at the chest.

8 ) Kill 6th brother

9) Run to chest. A) Jump for joy. B) Curse your luck.

10 ) Tele to house with tablet, repeat.

Option 2] Requires "Ghost Ahoy", "Search of Myreque"

1) Tele to Lumby to recharge your prayer. (Closest alter to a tele spot in the game. Other options is Varrock, Camelot, Elf crystal, Canifis Ancient Magick teleport)

2) Empty Ectofuntus vial and REFILL before you start running.

3) Run to Canifis bank and load up.

4) Go to trap door south wall of bar.

5) Take boat to Barrows Bridge (have enough energy to run through swamp. This takes 40 energy with 66 kg)

7) Open doors relentlessly until 6th brother appears, or spawn tunnel brother at the chest.

8 ) Kill 6th brother

10 ) Tele to Lumby altar, fix armor, recharge praye, repeat.

Option 3] Requires "Fairy Tale II", "Priest in Peril"

1) Rub Glory Ammy to Edge (Make sure you have 1 charge left with full prayer.

2) Run to Canoe spot

3) Use Fairy ring to Lost City, then Fairy ring to DLS

8 ) Kill 6th brother

10) Rub Glory back to edge, repeat. (Need to recharge prayer somehow)

Option 4]

Long way from Varrock, strongly advised against, so I'm not telling you how. Neener, Hmph, and :notalk: Do some quests, you goober!

( II ) ATTACK PLANS

Remember, the goal is to do this quickly and as cheaply as possible. To do this, you have to use your Slayer skills. Got any tips for me? Yes.

MELEE GUYS - Dharok, Verac, Guthan, Torag

You must attack these with mage while defending against melee. Wear melee defense, and cast spells for your attack. Don't worry, these guys are so weak on magic, that you can cast successfully wearing full Barrows or rune and with ANY magic level. Even if you think you don't have high enough magic to do The Barrows, you do. No magic penalties seem to slow it down. Just use as much melee armor bonus as you have.

Melee Defense for these guys is average around 280 slash.

Magic defense for these guys is in the negatives.

Speed and cheap, remember? Don't waste your time and food bashing these guys with melee weapons. You WILL meet lots of zeros with melee, and they WILL melt like butter with the most modest of mage bonus.

Also Verac will hit through your prayer, but his strength and accuracy is comparable to something like a Fire Giant if you're using prayer. Prayer lessens his max hit and accuracy, so not much of a big deal.

MAGE GUY - Ahrim

Luckily for you, his weakness is range. The stats on his outfit has melee defense somewhere between full mith and addy. Very neat for mage robes. But his range defense is exactly zero. Perfect! Mage defense, and range attack. They happen to be the same outfit. Huh? The best mage defense in the game is range enhancing armor, ie, dragon hide or Karils. Wear dragon hide/Karils ranging outfit against him, and watch him fizzle as your arrows sink in deep. This is a no brainer. He still is very powerful, and can inflict dangerous damage, so be careful.

RANGE GUY - Karil

If you haven't been here in a while, Karil has changed. He is super accurate with his bow now. You can now mage him much easier, almost as easy as the melee guys now.. but he can really hurt you now. Dress in the best range defense you have, and mage him. Using the "sidestep" technique is going to come in handy with him if you go at him without prayer. Prayer is advised. I bring one super restore pot with me just in case he is the tunnel mound. Do one dose at a time so you can heal the agility draining he does as you fight.

III ) GAME PLAN

With your prayer fully charged, you want to take on the guys that can really hurt you first. Dharok, Karil and Verac, in that order.

Turn Run on

Turn Auto cast on

Remember prayer drains everytime the face shows on your screen.

Game on!

FIRST MOUND - Dharok. He packs a whallop. If anyone will kill you down here, its him. He can hit for 58 when near dead, and up to 72 with 1 hp. Use your prayer on him, and go into his mound first. He is in the north east mound. Switch your armor equipment from melee to magic before you start. Use melee prayer, and cast your spells. He'll be dead before prayer runs out. NEVER try Dharok without prayer. Don't leave a death pile. I repeat, NEVER try Dharok without prayer. DO NOT TURN PRAYER OFF ON THAT FINAL HIT UNTIL YOU ARE 100 PERCENT SURE HE IS DEAD. Most Dharok deaths come when you think you killed him, and turn your prayer off, but he has 1 hp left, and whacks you for 72.

If he is the tunnel mound, kill Verac INSTEAD.

SECOND MOUND - Now comes Karil. He is in the southernmost mound. You want to use range prayer on him.. Before he got tough, I saved him for later because he was so easy. He is no longer easy. Without prayer, find the sidestep (see tips below) spot so you can sidestep combat to eat and regroup without getting hammered. Attack him with mage or melee as mage is easier to use on him now. If he is your tunnel mound, you have a battle. Save a pray pot or super restore pot just for him, or prepare to use all your food. :P If you are under 100, you might wanna just skip him, or use a pray pot. :shock: He is that good, and you can't hide from him in the tunnels.

THIRD And FOURTH MOUND -After those two, I finish off the Guthan and Torag. They are SW and SE mounds. No prayer, so they can hurt you. But you should get through fairly easily if you're following this guide. Dress in full melee defense, and don't worry, your mage will still melt him. Do not use robes on Guthan, as he will heal himself efficiently.

FIFTH MOUND - Center mound. The mage. Switch your outfits to ranging outfit and bow. Hes so easy, you'll wanna kill him twice. Karil outfit is a little better on mage/defense AND range/offense, so if you got it, use it.

SKIP VERAC unless you have enough prayer left over after Karil - I use a dose of prayer to do him in his crypt, and you may want to do the same. If you skip him, you'll want to take on Verac with the aid of a range spot. There are safe spots down there. If you had Dharok in your tunnel, then you already killed Verac, and you have Dharok left. DO NOT kill Dharok without safe spot or prayer. Worth saying twice.

TUNNEL MOUND - Okay, on your way, one of those mounds said there was a tunnel instead of a pink guy. Skip the tunnel until you're done with all the mounds, and then go back to the tunnel mound. The tunnel mound will be different every time, but the same brothers will always be in the same mound. If Dharok, Verac, or Karil has the tunnel mound, make sure you use your prayer on the other two. Again, worth repeating.

When you go down into the tunnel, now you must find Verac and your sixth brother. Go to the NW corner room where there are rocks in the middle. Start opening the door to the outside tunnel. When Verac appears, hide behind the rocks in the tunnel/ room and mage him safely. (make sure you are on run. You have to circle the middle rock to position your pinkie on the other side if you are in the room. The tunnel rock is easy, just run behind the rock) If your sixth brother is melee, do the same. Opening the doors spawns the monsters and pinkies. This is using the safe spots. See below.

Also, the chest will now spawn the tunnel mound brother, but no others. You can always use the chest to guarantee a spawn of the sixth brother if you can't get him to show up from a door. Do not search the chest until he is dead. (Don't click the chest twice) There is no safe spot in this room, but the torches provide several sidestepping opportunities, along with the door you entered. Twins are still a danger.

The brother greets you, and you're probably not really ready for him. Open the door again to "sidestep" the bad guy. (NOTE: A 2nd brother, or a "twin", can appear when you open this door. When this happens, you have the opportunity to kill "both" of them, even though they are the same guy. So now you have 7 kills which is a better chance than six) Anyway, sidestep back through the door, arm yourself, set your spells or bow, get ready for combat, and go through the door again, and get him.

When you finish off the sixth brother, you should have a kill count of at least 6. Jagex confirms that the kill count plays a factor in getting better runes from the chest. Personally, I prefer a 20-30 kill count. I get better runes, and more Barrow Items, even though the difference is barely noticable.

"Argh!! 1000 bloodworms, and all I got was coins!"

Now, you have opened the chest, and you're either sending pms to your friends about how rich you are, or you're cursing your luck. At this time, you can either tele, or go back up. There is a ladder in the room you dropped in. If you have enough firepower to go up again and start over, you can at this point. This is basically for the super high combat levels that can handle two sets of brothers with one load, or for the players that are using bank notes and pray pots.

Congrats. You just started your process. You will get runes from the chest, guaranteed. Hopefully you have enough law runes to help you do this 100 times. If you do this 100 times, you will be rich. I promise.

TIPS FOR HIGH LEVEL

Going All Out If you wanna stay for a few trips to the chest, instead of always recharging your prayer at an altar, and don't mind spending some pray/super restore pots, this is a fun, effective technique. I use full Verac, take a 4-dose super set, 3 4-dose super restores, a bow with hides, spade, and a ton of sharks. This lets me stay for four trips to the chest. Kill them all like normal first trip with your Verac and superset, using your range outfit for Ahrim, and then after opening the chest, run back up your ladder, drink 2 doses of super restore, drink another superset dose, and do it again. 4 times. You'll have enough prayer and food to last 4 trips without ever leaving the hills.

You can use magic too, but personally, I just like using Verac. It lets me take more food, but killing the brothers can take a little longer. You can range the safe spots in the tunnels if need be, and you can have fun trying different techniques to see how long you can stay. It definitely beats walking back after every trip. This is my favorite way.

The old way If you wanna use the sharks, you can do it the old fashioned way and take on one of the top three brothers without range spots. Karil will cost you about 4-8 shark all by himself. I advise the new procedure, and not the old way. It saves tons of food doing Karil with prayer and saving Verac for the range spots. You get to do all three tough guys without taking any damage from any of them (unless Karil is tunnel mound) Still no pray pots required.

-Kill Dharok with mage outfit, and your melee prayer, like normal.

-Drink super attack and super strength

-Kill Karil with whip on range prayer. Will USUALLY be must faster than mage

(If he is your tunnel mound, save your super defense dose for him)

-Kill Verac with mage, with melee prayer (yes, you'll have enough)

-If it runs out at the end, drink super defense, switch to uber melee def.

-Finish the weaker ones off all potted up.

-Destroy rats and skeletons below.

-Your barrow run just went 10-20% faster.

-Drink pray pot, and do it again.

Using Full Guthan: So, you're a Barrows veteran, and have your full set of Guthan after hundreds of trips to the chest. You can do your routine with your eyes closed, and you're sick of walking to the town to get your food stolen by noobs, and sick of tele'ing to lumb and making that long walk back. With full Guthan, you can never leave the Barrows fences. This is crazy. lol.

Your routine is now smashed as you forget which brother you've done this time, and forget where the tunnel is, have a very stressful time looking for the ladder on your way back up, and you get owned by Verac, Dharok and Karil. Its not easy, probably takes longer, but sure breaks up the routine. Hehe. Anyway, you can do pure "free" barrows runs this way. Food, potions, or runes not needed. (Runes are needed but chest provides) Just kill brother of your choice, go down in the tunnel and heal up with your Guthan. Go back up, and do the next one. This is much more challenging, but allows you to stay at the mounds for as long as you want. You will want to take food notes with you so that when you do get owned by Dharok and verac and HAVE to eat, you can replinish. 100 lobbies lasted me a whole weekend.

Tips:

Make sure you keep track of where your ladder is.

Make sure you remember who you've killed.

Try to use your energy wisely. You'll not want to waste it.

Using Other Various Equipment

Void Helmet Bonus. If you want to sacrifice defense for bonuses, then void is for you. Bring all your void helmets to the barrows and switch them as you use them. The void bonus is noticable, and you'll slaughter them. You will probably need more food than usual.

Black Salamandar

I would say the salamander kills the melee brothers 30% faster than magic dart. And you can use it for other attack styles, with similiar power. Also an interesting pairing with void helmets and salamandar. Void changes all three styles with a different hat. Sally changes all three styles with a dfferent attack.

Even if not paired with Void, the salamander is my choice. It's faster, and the ammo is cheaper with the option to make your own. Harralander with swamp tar gives you the ammo. Swamp tar can be obtained quickly by slaughtering cave slimes. Fastest place I know is Lumby swamp dungeon, 2 rooms past the rope. Sells for about 240 as of Jan 2008 at GE. Harralandar tar.

God Wars Items

If you have Godwar goodies, use them. Heal up with your SGS. Zap em with the Sara sword special. Use Bandos as your armor, especially against Karil. Use Armadyl as your range outfit for better bonus. Use your godsword attack specials.

Dragon Dagger Speicals on Karil.

Always use the dragon dagger specials on Karil. Sometimes he'll be dead before you're done. This is high priority. Dragon dagger is the 2nd thing I make sure I have. The first is a spade. Pray range and put on the highest range defense you have, as his special will still drain you if it hits. Slash him with the specials, and he'll be much more dead than when you started.

TIPS FOR LOW LEVELS

Blocking with Friend: THIS IS NO MORE! DON"T GO DOWN THERE WITH A FRIEND LIKE YOU DID BEFORE THE UPDATE AND GET YOURSELF KILLED.

NPC Blocking at doors: THIS IS NO MORE! THE PINKIES WILL WALK THROUGH THE RATS. BE CAREFUL DOWN THERE, AND LEARN THOSE RANGING SPOTS.

No Damage Option: You can use your prayer on the ranger and mage, and pile up the brothers at the range spots downstairs. Takes longer, but you'll never be in prolonged prayerless combat.

Cannons in Crypts only: You can set up your cannon, activate the bad guy, and then hide behind your cannon. It only works on the melee brothers and their range defense is sick, so you'll get alot of zeros, but hey.... you can do it. Cannon is not allowed in the tunnels.

Range spots: Again, no range spots in the crypts, but downstairs its loaded with them.

---On the outside long hallways, there is a rock by most doors. (There is no rock on the north side of the east tunnell) You can hide there if you get a pinkie to show up in the outside hallways. Easy. Run behind the rock, and he'll settle in right in front of it.

---There is three "corner rooms" (rooms with four doors) with ranging spots. One has rocks in the middle, and the other two have usable skeletons to hide behind. The skeletons are not easy. Lure your melee pinkie to the range spot in the room.

---There are north/sw and north/se salamander safe spots throughout the crypts, but they are rarer. These are spots where you can stand catty corner to an NPC and attack with a salamander and not take damage. In the outside tunnel north of the northeast corner room, there is one in the tunnel rock. Get the brother to settle in behind the rock, and stand north of the rock. He cannot attack you with melee, but you can attack him with a salamander.

---And you can use the ladder in every corner room as an obstacle for a range spot. Even if its not your ladder room, the ladder you can't see in the room is still there. This is why you sidestep a little when you run straight through a room. You can't go through the invisible ladder. Its a little harder to learn how to get monsters stuck behind something you can't see, but its doable. What helped me is practicing in the room that does have a ladder so you can see it. lol. Then, next time you're in that room without a ladder you'll remember what you did.

The best spot to generate melee pinkies is the room with the rocks in the middle (NE corner room) and using the door that leads to the outside tunnel. If he spawns in the long tunnel, hide behind the tunnel rock. If he spawns in the room, run behind the rocks in the middle of the room. No damage on either side.

The Sidestep - If you need a break from combat to eat without getting pummeled, you can move over a square and avoid getting pelted while you regroup. For the crypts, when you fight, stand on the corner of the coffin with the pinky facing you adjecent to the side of the coffin. When you need to eat or breathe or talk or whatever, just step over to the next square next to the adjoining side of the coffin, and you now have a coffin corner break from combat, as he can't get around the corner. This works for all six pinkies, BUT ONLY ON 2 OF THE 4 CORNERS. Find the corner that blocks him first so you're not in trouble when you find out that... Oops! If you are downstairs, and find your brother in a tunnel, sidestep him through a door, as he waits for you on the other side. Be careful his twin doesn't meet you on the other side.

Ancient Magick - Reward from Desert Treasure quest. It features a tele spot right next to the bank in Cannifis, Ice spells that entangle the brothers as they do their damage, Blood spells that leech their hitpoints into yours.. healing you. Its a wild ride. Its a very fun, and could be, a very expensive option on runes if you use the higher level attack spells. Expect to spend runes with this, but its a fun challenge. Every attack spell on the book uses 2 deaths per cast, so it burns through them. Attack the brother with Ice Blast for 3 times, and then hide behind the crypt and do it again.

PANIC BUTTON - Always remember... mentally remind yourself... "Okay, if i get in serious trouble, just click the ecto vial, just click the green ecto vial" Its saved my wagon many times. (Once I had Ahrim and Karil in the same hallway. I paniced a little when I thought of what outfit to wear, lol, and froze. By the time I realized I really shouldn't try this, I saw three red splashes with 2 of them in the 20's and I was down to 8 hitpoints. CLICK VIAL!!! I stood there heart racing, gobbling lobbies. I would have lost millions.)

INVENTORY SUGGESTIONS -

Method: NO PRAY POTS BUT RECHARGING EVERY TRIP:

New Tip: Veracs set is excellent for Barrows as it has a high melee defense, and the best prayer bonus in the game.

Wearing the best you have:

Head: Three helmets, best range bonus, best magic bonus, best melee armor.

Cape: Best prayer and magic bonus cape

Boots: 3 boots, same as helmets

Chest and Legs: 3 different sets with magic and prayer in one, range and magic defense in another, and melee defense in the other

Shield: 2 best defensive shield, best magic bonus

Weapon: The best of all styles. I prefer salamander for mage, free ammo with Karils bow for range, and a combination of godsword, whip, and dragon dagger for melee.

Quiver: Don't forget your ammo!

My stop At the bank:

SPADE! - SPADE! - SPADE!

Home Tele - Elf crystal - Lumby tele - glory ammy

Dragon Dagger

Salamander (wearing)- Slayer staff

Harralandar tar - 2000 mind runes and 500 death runes

God Robe top (wearing) - Ahrims - Mystic

God Rpbe legs (wearing) - Ahrims - Mystic

Armadyl top - Karils - Dragonhide

Armadyl legs - Karils - Dragonhide

Karils xbow - Magic short bow

Bandos top - best melee armor

Bandos legs - best melee armor

Barrow gloves (wearing)

Infinity boots (wearing) - magic boots -

Dragon boots

Ranger Boots

Neitzenot helm (wearing)

Dragonfire

Zammy book (wearing)

1 Super attack (for melee against Karil)

Boltracks (wearing)

99 Cape (wearing)

10 Lobbies

So many options... Just focus on using the things that help you keep it more efficient. Or faster if you dont mind spending the resources.

Good luck, and see you at the chest!

And those fellow barrow masters out there... thanks for teaching me.

BARROWS SETS EFFECTS -

Each set of armor has a special attack, or "set effect". The set effect is not really a special attack. There is no special bar. Its just random. It either hits or it doesn't. It hits more than your special bar can, though.

Dharok (Greataxe)- His set effect is increased strength as hitpoints lower. He can hit double his max hit when near dead. His max hit healthy is 29. His max hit when near dead is 58. The more he's down, the more dangerous he is. If you have to fight him without prayer, you MUST use the sidestep technique to be truly safe. See below. Just remember, the lower his hitpoint, the harder he'll hit you. SINCE THIS SET HAS BEEN FIXED JULY 5th 2005, EXPECT PRICES TO RISE.

Verac (Flail) - Set effect for this guy is the ability to negate any armor worn. He WILL hit you over and over. These first two are where most of your food will be spent if you're going without prayer. He will hit through your prayer, but not very hard. PvP will hit through melee prayer full strength, though.

Guthan (Warspear) - This is the great set. It feeds you. Yes, as you fight, the set effect is a leeching effect. Whatever hitpoints you hit on your opponent, heals you for the same amount of hit points. You hit a 24, and if the purple smoke comes, you are healed 24. I trained toe to toe with black demons and rarely needed to eat. IF YOU GET ONE DO NOT SELL IT BEFORE YOU KNOW ITS VALUE. Its worth mega millions and changing every day.

Torag (double hammers)- Set effect is the ability to drain the opponents energy. Whoopie. Personally, i think this set is the best looking. lol. For a guy anyway. Girls are gonna want Verac, I'm guessing. (I think Verac is the lone sister of the group whos gender was hidden to avoid damaging the reputation of the best warrior) lol. Sorry.. I digress. She whoops my wagon, regardless. Not Torag. He's the easiest of them all.

Karil (ranger) - Set effect is draining agility levels. Huh? Yes, it drains 20% agility, and no, I don't know why they picked this. ....Double whoopie. His armor is not worth much, either. With as much trouble as he gives, hes almost worth skipping altogether. You GOTTA get that crossbow, though.

Ahrim (mage) - This guy gets to weaken your strength at the same time he casts a spell, no matter what spell it is. And hes good at it. And he also likes to curse and confuse you, so save his mound for last so you're not all crippled for the whole crew.

BARROW SET STATS

COMPLETE VERAC SET

Has unique prayer bonus

Set Effect: Ability to negate armor(s)/ prayer in opponent.

Bonuses:

..............Att........Def

Stab......+68.......+221

Slash.......-2.......+235

Crush....+82.......+222

Magic.....-33............0

Range.....-11.......+221

Strength.+72

Prayer....+18

VERACS HELM -

Bonuses:

Stab.........0........+55

Slash........0........+58

Crush........0........+54

Magic.......-6...........0

Range......-2........+56

Strength...0

Prayer....+3

VERACS PLATESKIRT -

Bonuses:

Stab.........0........+85

Slash........0........+82

Crush........0........+83

Magic.....-21...........0

Range......-7........+84

Strength....0

Prayer.....+4

VERACS FLAIL -

Bonuses:

..............Att.......Def

Stab......+68..........0

Slash.......-2..........0

Crush....+82..........0

Magic.......0..........0

Range......0...........0

Strength.+72

Prayer.....+6

COMPLETE GUTHAN SET

Set Effect: Leeches hitpoints from opponent to your hp's on a 1:1 ratio.

Bonuses:

..............Att..........Def

Stab.......+75........+259

Slash......+75........+257

Crush......+75........+241

Magic.......-50...........-11

Range......-19........+276

Strength.+75

Prayer.......0

GUTHANS HELM -

Bonuses:

Magic.......-6..........-1

Range......-2........+62

Strength...0

Prayer......0

GUTHANS PLATEBODY -

Bonuses:

Stab.........0........+122

Slash........0........+120

Crush........0........+107

Magic.....-30............-6

Range....-10........+135

Strength...0

Prayer......0

GUTHANS CHAINSKIRT -

Bonuses:

Stab.........0........+75

Slash........0........+72

Crush........0........+73

Magic.....-14...........-4

Range......-7........+82

Strength...0

Prayer......0

GUTHANS WARSPEAR

Bonuses:

Stab......+75........+7

Slash.....+75........+7

Crush.....+75........+7

Magic.........0.........0

Range........0.........0

Strength.+75

Prayer.......0

~ Karil the Tainted's Set ~

Karil's coif -

Bonuses:

Stab.........0..........+6

Slash........0..........+9

Crush........0........+12

Magic.......-1.........+6

Range.....+3........+10

Strength...0

Prayer......0

Karil's leathertop -

Bonuses:

Stab.........0........+47

Slash........0........+42

Crush........0........+50

Magic.....-15........+65

Range....+30........+57

Strength...0

Prayer......0

Karil's leatherskirt -

Bonuses:

Stab.........0........+26

Slash........0........+20

Crush........0........+28

Magic.....-10........+35

Range....+17........+33

Strength...0

Prayer......0

Karil's crossbow (uses bolt racks as ammo) -

Bonuses:

..............Att......Def

Stab.........0.........0

Slash........0.........0

Crush........0.........0

Magic........0.........0

Range....+84.........0

Strength...0

Prayer.....0

Complete Karil set

Set Effect: Lowers opponents agility 20%

Bonuses:

..............Att.........Def

Stab.........0.........+79

Slash........0.........+71

Crush........0.........+90

Magic......-26.......+106

Range...+134.......+100

Strength...0

Prayer......0

~ Ahrim the Blighted's Set ~

Ahrim's hood -

Bonuses:

Stab.........0.........+15

Slash........0.........+13

Crush........0.........+16

Magic......+6..........+6

Range......-2............0

Strength...0

Prayer......0

Ahrim's robetop -

Bonuses:

Stab.........0........+52

Slash........0........+37

Crush........0........+63

Magic....+30........+30

Range....-10............0

Strength...0

Prayer......0

Ahrim's robeskirt -

Bonuses:

Stab.........0.........+33

Slash........0.........+30

Crush........0.........+36

Magic....+22.........+22

Range......-7.............0

Strength...0

Prayer......0

Ahrim's staff -

Bonuses:

Stab......+12.........+3

Slash.......-1.........+2

Crush....+65.........+5

Magic....+15.......+15

Range.......0...........0

Strength.+68

Prayer.......0

Complete Ahrim set

Set Effect: Ability to weaken opponents strength 10% on any cast.

Bonuses: ..............Att..........Def

Stab......+12........+103

Slash.......-1..........+85

Crush....+65........+117

Magic....+73.........+73

Range.....-19............0

Strength.+68

Prayer.......0

~ Dharok the Wretched's Set ~

Dharok's helm -

Bonuses:

Stab.........0........+45

Slash........0........+48

Crush........0........+44

Magic.......-3..........-1

Range......-1........+51

Strength...0

Prayer......0

Dharok's platebody -

Bonuses:

Range....-10........+132

Strength...0

Prayer......0

Dharok's platelegs -

Bonuses:

Stab.........0.........+85

Slash........0.........+82

Crush........0.........+83

Magic.....-21............-4

Range......-7.........+92

Strength...0

Prayer......0

Dharok's greataxe -

Bonuses:

Stab.........-4.........0

Slash...+103.........0

Crush.....+95.........0

Magic.......-4.........0

Range.......0........-1

Strength..+105

Prayer..........0

Complete Dharok set

Set Effect : Increased strength as hitpoints lower.

Bonuses:

Stab.........-4........+252

Slash...+103........+250

Crush.....+95........+234

Magic......-58...........-11

Range.....-18........+274

Strength..+105

Prayer..........0

~ Torag the Corrupted's Set ~

Torag's helm -

Bonuses:

Magic.......-6..........-1

Range......-2........+62

Strength...0

Prayer......0

Torag's platebody -

Bonuses:

Range....-10........+132

Strength...0

Prayer......0

Torag's platelegs -

Bonuses:

Stab.........0........+85

Slash........0........+82

Crush........0........+83

Magic.....-21...........-4

Range......-7........+92

Strength...0

Prayer......0

Torag's hammers -

Bonuses:

..............Att.....Def

Stab........-4........0

Slash.......-4........0

Crush.....+85.......0

Magic.......-4........0

Range.......0........0

Strength.+72

Prayer.......0

Complete Torag set

Set effect: Negates the opponent's energy with 20% per effect.

Bonuses:

Stab........-4........+262

Slash.......-4........+260

Crush....+85........+244

Magic.....-61...........-11

Range....-19........+286

Strength.+72

Prayer.......0

Last edited by Leesters on Feb 1, 2008[/code] 5:23 pm; edited 26 times in total

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

• 1 year later...

An AOW guide.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.