this is kinda lame, but i woz bored.

Cloaked_Shadow

Bestiary, History, And Geography of 'The land of Shadows'

This is an updated version of bestiary, geography, and geography of the land of Shadows. Might change the name since itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s really lame.

Bestiary:

Dinolfos: Stone dwelling man/lizard hybrid. Most carry on with days of metal work and crafts. They live underground near underground springs and eat small plants that inhabit the vast underground burrows. They mostly live near mines of precious stones or metals.

Entalfos: Giant forest dwelling man/lizard hybrids. They woodcraft and live of fruits in the forests to the east. They hollow out trees and live within them. They eat cocoa beans and insects that live in the canopy when they can.

Saultolfos: Lake dwelling lizard/fish hybrids. Bipedal gilled lizards that swim within the lakes to the southeast and southwest. They feed on fish and some plants on the water beds. Some use their sharp claws to live in burrows.

Grissolfos: the most dangerous of itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s lizard/ man hybrid. They live in the meadows and plains, living in shadows of cliffs and in caves. They have clawed hands and feet and a toothy mouth. Their icy stare and shriek paralyzes the weak-bodied.

Rhetoris: a slime mold, that lives around battle fields. The slime inhabits the armor of dead souls or maybe their skeletons. They feed on minerals in the soil as they crawl along. The regular color of their membrane is orange.

Henje: Giant. They live in the mountains to the north, creating villages of stone. They live around the old lake in the center of the circular mountain range in the north. The eat birds and cows they could find. They farm and fish as well.

Estona: Living mass of connected stones, muscle and veins running through the rocky skin. It is a giant of a creature, and eats rocks within the volcanic caves .

Metris: a humanoid life-form with claws attached to the wrists. It swims through lava or water, depending on where it grew. Little is known about these creatures.

Hydra: Multi-headed dragon, which lives near the water. The only way to slay the dragon is to burn it to the ground before it regenerates. Or, you can cripple it leaving it to die.

Volvage: Subterranean lava dragon. ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s wings help it when it hunts at night. It breathes fire and its only weak spot is itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s soft neck. The rest of the body is covered with red scales as hard as steel, and hard boned head.

Retinis: A one-eyed venomous snake. It can change its skin color to match itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s surroundings. It hunts by spitting out its acidic venom at prey.

Tartarantalob: A giant one-eyed spider, it lures its doomed pray into the darkness of itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s layer and gives a fatal venomous bite. It also catches airborne pray with itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s silk which is as hard as most metals.

Siren: A creature that resembles a woman that lures men with itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s singing. Most live within the sea.

Icophage: a bird that lives in the icy wastelands in the north. It hunts seals and polar bears, whatever it can find. It drinks from hot springs. It hunts with steely talons, and uses a cruel-looking beak.

Eflaphage: A bird similar to a phoenix which lives in the air. It sleeps by spreading itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s wings, and creates thermals with body heat. It then hovers. It eats any creatures it may find, but favor saultolfos.

This is just a brief bestiary, IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m writing more.

History:

A mage traveled from the east into this land, and he helped the countrymen against a corrupted dictator. He was crowned king, and amazed the people of this country with magic. He had made the people promise that when more people traveled from the east would be crowned king when he died and when they came. Apparently, he had one large family living on an island, and they were taught mystical arts. The king had said that even people from our land have magical properties and should come to him to learn. After his disciples were properly trained they were ordered to set up a school. This mage died, and more from his family came at his magical call. The mages had worked to banish creatures of danger from the central plains where people have lived. They were banished to the lands around, where they adapted. The second mage was kind to the animals, and the ones that didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t adapt were sent to a magically made place in the southeast lands of lakes, jungle, and forest. The animals thrived. But still, some were still bound with a killer instinct. These predators were kept to stop overpopulation and ate other animals, but sometimes they strayed to villages.

One mage had become corrupted in all his power, as he was still young. His family had to travel from their island and destroy him. Half of the central cities were destroyed, and people flocked to the other half. The corrupted one summoned eternal fires and the cities are still burning today. More villages and towns were built around it, and the next mage recruited people for the army. He had a premonition that people from the west would wage war. And indeed, people from the west sought to conquer new lands, but our armies prevailed. The sons of soldiers were sent to military schools, and were drafted. The battle of the westerners took place in the icy mountains, and the westerners lost after four years of terrible war. It seemed that the west had mages as well, and it was suspicion that the family of the mage also supported that nation. The mage confirmed it, and concluded that the westerners grew corrupted with the help and power of the mageÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s brother. But a southern island also held magic, a darker magic. The family of the mage turned out to be an island town, but no-one knew how it came to be. The southern island was the lands of darker wizards.

Once a battalion from that land approached ours, and tried to destroy us, but again, our army prevailed with the help of the mageÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s disciples, which conjured shields of light in the south. The shields still pulse near the sea, stopping anyone from entering or exiting. Now, our land surviving quite a few battles face a new one. Another mage approached from the mageÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s town and fought with the original for a place at the throne. Armies took sides and a civil war occurred, and while the country was weakened, people from the west appeared.

A brief history, and if you think this is lame, I kinda agree. But I was bored, lol.

• 1 year later...

a man (or monster) after my own heart, I do the same thing (check out my stuff on inilandrial)

Pm me if you need anything proof-read, I may not be very good, but I am always willing to help.

A Seal Clubber is me!

A Oxygenarin is me!

6*9=42