Contratheo, homeland of Montags!

Xewleer

Aha, that was the map you made, not the one I made, sorry about that, I just remember making a civ3 one after the civ4 map didn't work out to well.

Ah yes, the author's guild. Well, it seems that a few of us went on vacation at the same time, when I returned I found nothing had really been posted, and it was the beginning of high school soccer, so I basically left everything since there seemed to be no life anyways.

WFCrest.gif

I had sent this to you and I am not sure what else you wanted?

[hide]Well to be perfectly honest I just want the eccentric librarian. But on a serouis note the glyphs are supposed to be extremely powerful when mastered...in the sort of way that 'God'(Sorry for blasfeming) is powerful.(Done in plumes eg plume of fire) However Aquen is the only one to actually master them....well the last to master them. Since then there have been one or two people who have reached the second stage(Something similar to...a game programmer changing a game, they can do the power of god...it just takes alot longer)(Done in bursts eg burst of water). Whereas level one glyphs are used to make mundane tasks easier, in the way that you can light a fire with ease...that sort of thing(Done in continuous streams, eg stream of smoke).

The individual glyphs are pretty much shortcuts but are nothing special. However if you combinded...Freea and Teranna then you could create a spell of burning death. Whereas Freea on its own would start a fire that could not kill, and Teranna(is weak on its own) will kill if they are about to die.

However because they are defined shapes you can't just combine all of them. Like putting D on B you just get B.

This also leads to using many of the same glyphs to amplify power. You cast Teranna on something 5 times it has the effect of 1 casting. You combine 5 Teranna, like putting 5 O's into the Olympics, and you create a death dealing spell.

Because they have to be drawn...in air if nessercery...more complicated spells take time. For that reason it is usually the best idea to form many defensive Glyphs before a battle. Like Wanna, Myoan and Weean, if you were to use them all together some how then you would be a bit protected. You would be able to RESIST power, bring ORDER to chaos, avoid FATE. However if you combind them you could RESIST FATE and ORDER DESTINEY(Eg you would hit more often, with greater power and be hit less often with lesser power)

In a battle of course there is not always time to make a powerful spell, which is why if you carve a Glyph onto an object...Wood, stone, anything... it becomes less powerful because its not directed at you, but more permant. Equally if you draw the power back out of the object you can cast spells quickly.

As mentioned before there are 3 levels.

If you are level 1 you basically have to draw everything in the air, and usually get only a weakened form of the power because you are not skilled in the drawing. Thus you have to send a continuos stream of power out rather than a bolt.

If you are level 2 you have enough skill to write out most glyphs, and get the majority of the power from them. You can fight and you can defend and given enough time can form exceptionally powerful glyphs...like combining Fire, Water and Death, to give a tidal wave of death and destruction. The power can be sent out in one burst but is usually so targeted it like firing a gun, if they move you can miss.

If you are level 3(REFRAIN FROM MAKING ANYONE LEVEL 3) you have enough skill to think entire chains of Glyphs and get more power than is possible to delieve in one burst. This power spreads out like a plume. You can do anything and everything that is possible with Glyphs. This includes controlling life and avoiding death. If you get to level 3 staus then you are nearly invunerable.

Any more help and I would be glad to help.

Glyphs basically give you the power to turn something weak into something mighty without effort.

Ok on your topic there is a short list of some of the major glyphs. There are of course more, which relate to individual tasks, in the same way there are saints for everything.

Basical Aquens has mastered all the glyphs and knows how to use them, making her level 3.

Level 2 means that they know the powerful glyphs, the ones like fate and order.

Level 1 means they know the basic glyphs, like fire and death.

The spells can be used together but to learn level 2 glyphs would require you to: learn for at least a year, if you had a TOMB of Glyphs(A book). Or many years if you did not.[/hide]

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

SO, you don't mind if I just say, like... Level one Fire plume! type thing, or do they have naems, if so, please post them... thats all I need.

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

AHHHHHH I see what you mean.

Yellow is related to Gtaaar which is Sol, This is the most powerful of the Glyphs and is the Glyph of Life

Red is Related to Freea Which is Alpha Centuri, This is the Glyph of Burning

So if you combinded the two gylphs you would get

'Life of Fire'

Which would be

'Gtaaar Freea'

Or

'Solturi'

Teranna and Freea...

'Firey Death'

Which would be

'(Anything other than the actual translation eg freea to fire, is shortened to first 2 letters and last letter)Fra Teranna'

Or

'Earturi'

Or

'Terrturi'

Weean and Wanna Which is...

'Resistance of Fate'

Which would be

'Weean Wanna'

Or

'Ioculae'

However more than 3(or any odd number of) glyphs are much more easy to remember. It is always 2 glyphs and then the other glyph. Just as 4(or any even number of) glyphs is 2 glyphs and then another two glyphs so....

Weean and Teranna, Wanna and Freea

You would get

'Resistance of death, from the fate of fire'

Or

'Io Earth/Terran, Vulpeculae Freea'<--(Level 1)

Or

'Tirro Frepeculea'<----Level 2 pronoucation)

Or

'Tifreulearo'(Tie-f-rare-er-la-ro)<----(level 3)

To recap

To make a level one simply write name of planet or star.

To make level two write any anagram of a number of the letters, split into two words.

To make level tree write any anagram of a number of the letters.

Of course this makes it extremely easy to use, but of course there is a catch, because there are so many variations you can pretty much guess that some will be better than others. So while an anagram of frog is fog, it would not be as effective as Gorf(as a name not as random).

Also this is the English translation, so while some of the anagrams will work, there are a few like...Rfog which won't...though there is no particular reason...or maybe they do work just too weakly to see.

Also this only really effects the amulets and such they are inscribed on...To use them in combat is just to draw them in the air, for which it is easier to say 'Firey death spawned from the glyphs and destroyed the test dummy'.

Oh and one other thing, if you were really desperate and for some reason could not draw it, you can shout(level 2) or even just think(level 3 only) the glyph, and it will have the effect of a glyph cast a level below(2-1 and 3-2).

For there are many other Glyphs:

Greana of Capella, Glyph of Greatness

Desena of Gorno, Glyph of Clarity

Teare of Procyon, Glyph of Storms

Yis of Corvi, Glyph of Sound

Isia of Groombridge, Glyph of Light

Neesa of Brahe, Glyph of Doors

Reeba of Gruis, Glyph of Machines

Noose of Orionis, Glyph of Vaccums(As in no air)

And as many others are you can think of. Each Star and each Consterlation and each Planet, Moon and Asteroid has a Glyph with it. But most of them are a bit obscure and just as useless most of the time...like:

Deepea of Lunar, Glyph of small rocks

Toos of Pluto, Glyph of Paint

Graaee of Vela, Glyph of Copper wire

And then there are some that would be useful...but, alas, they have not yet been linked to a planet:

Gold

Victory

Transendance

WindWalking

Forges

Time

Of course they are being researched in Contratheo but work isn't exactly fast. While they have the most powerful Telescopes avalible they still have to find the place, and then incant the Glyph of Discovery(Core, Opea) to receive its name, and its power. But even then it takes years of careful research to discover its shape, because before then only its spoken name may be used, making it weak. At the moment only:

Guia of Hypnus, Glyph of Celings

Is missing its shape, but has a name.

To discover the shape there is an easy method that is hard to actually do. Take the two Glyphs nearest, and use the Merging Device(Contratheo Great Library, Catalogue number 003013). This then gives a shape that will be the glyph. However there are 3 Dimensions to space, so to get the correct one...can take millions of attempts.

I think that about covers Page 1 the Tomb of Glyphs...now for page two. A complete listing of Glyphs:

Page Missing

... I'm confused, don't bother explaining it, I'll stumble along, trying to get it right, but one question, can I use a new kind a glyph that involves shadows? Or would you just prefer I not add anything, but I'll do my best.

I'm starting a new story today, if I can, so my attention will be divided...

Yeah even I think it looks a bit confusing...

KEY POINTS:

To write it down, so it can be activated quickly:

To make a level one simply write name of planet or star.

To make level two write any anagram of a number of the letters, split into two words.

To make level tree write any anagram of a number of the letters.

There are many glyphs:

((Glyph name)of(Star name), Glyph of (Power))

Greana of Capella, Glyph of Greatness

Desena of Gorno, Glyph of Clarity

Teare of Procyon, Glyph of Storms

Yis of Corvi, Glyph of Sound

Isia of Groombridge, Glyph of Light

Neesa of Brahe, Glyph of Doors

Reeba of Gruis, Glyph of Machines

Noose of Orionis, Glyph of Vaccums(As in no air)

Making a new glyph just requires a name, a star or planet or something, and a power.

Basically to answer your question, make an anagram(Mix the letters up) of the Glyph names to make a more powerful spell.

Or

Say the Gylphs power.

Sorry I am writing from a realism view point.

So... They have names, and so to say it 'Firey death spawned from the glyphs and destroyed the test dummy'

If you wanted to be more indepth. Ie telling someone about Glyphs then they are simply another language.

A word alone does little, a sentance can destroy the world though.

Okay, I need to think about this a bit, I can't seem to write it straight, so I haven't been posting, Is Ramis of Bietleguse, glyph of shadows okay? following the rules and all?

Ramis of bietleguse?

Its your land you can do as you wish but my rules are pretty much you need far more vowels...either way it does matter though.

Other words Approved