Suggestions for Sig battles System > Post your thoughts! <

misterxman

So there's a new Contest and Battles forum, how about we set up some kind of simple, effective, and fun system that could easily let people do sig battles, get in ranks, perhaps little avatar prizes, and so on?

By "sig battle", I mean two sigmakers making similar pictures based on a common theme, and the users post their votes on which they like most will a winner is declared on the "battle".

Post what the rules should be here and once the gallery staff has looked at them and discussed more, we'll show the final rules that all can go by for the best results. :D

Things to consider:

-How to vote? How many votes to win? Polls, posts, both?

-Point system

-Different ranking for different styles (pixel, abstract..)?

-Would SOTW's be included in the battles system with extra points?

-How to start a battle/challenge someone

For now, you are free to open your own sig battles with your own rules, as long as it's fair to both participants. :D

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

By "sig battle", I mean two sigmakers making similar pictures based on a common theme, and the users post their votes on which they like most will a winner is declared on the "battle"

Two or more :D

But into my suggestions:

-Firstly, you could make a topic which shows the points earned sig battles. Like how many wons/loses. From winning a sig battle you could get something like 1 point or so.

-From SotW's and other 'official' contests you could win like 5 for winning, 3 points for second and 1 point for third.

-The point system. The topic would include all of the records from sig battles and it would be a locked sticky. Also I think that for points you could get a custom title or graphic piece from the 'pro' artist in here. Also for points you could buy like new smilies for posts(just random idea, some prices would be good)

-Voting should be done by polls except for the 'official' contests. I think that polls should be allowed to make in this sub-forum.

-Again in the points; the person who gets the most points in a month/week could be a 'designer of the month' and he/she would be featured in top of the gallery in a sticky. Like showing his/her work from the beginning to the newest sigs/art pieces.

-Battle starting; I think it's ok to do a new topic which includes the battle details and is it free challenge or just against some specified person.

-I think abstracts and pixels are same worth against each others. Someone is good at pixels, someone in abstracts. No offense.

Edit:

- The official contests (SotW) (PotW) (PotM) (FotW) should be stickied on the top.

These are just my ideas...

mini-eerikki.jpeg

runemetsauserbar.jpg

[Star Wreck][PM me][My gallery][DeviantArt][Cool T-shirts!]

[iron Sky - Trailer is now out!]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
So there's a new Contest and Battles forum, how about we set up some kind of simple, effective, and fun system that could easily let people do sig battles, get in ranks, perhaps little avatar prizes, and so on?

By "sig battle", I mean two sigmakers making similar pictures based on a common theme, and the users post their votes on which they like most will a winner is declared on the "battle".

Post what the rules should be here and once the gallery staff has looked at them and discussed more, we'll show the final rules that all can go by for the best results. :D

Things to consider:

-How to vote? How many votes to win? Polls, posts, both?

-Point system

-Different ranking for different styles (pixel, abstract..)?

-Would SOTW's be included in the battles system with extra points?

-How to start a battle/challenge someone

For now, you are free to open your own sig battles with your own rules, as long as it's fair to both participants. :D

can you show me?

• 6 months later...