The Great Brain Robbery - Defeating Barrelchest (CLOSED)

darkblade986

UPDATE: Do not post in this topic. I have found a solution to this myself.

Alright, a while ago, I heard someone mention that there was a way to safe-spot Barrelchest. I've been able to set it up where there is definitely a space between me and him; however, he seems to have a 1-space jump in his ability, similar to that of a Halberd.

My questions are: can someone confirm whether Barrelchest's Anchor (when he uses it) seems to act like a halberd, whether there is a way to safe spot him, and, if so, where that spot is?

I once had him stuck behind the benches but I accidentally let him out before I could determine whether it would work. I also tried using Ice Magic on him, however I was restricted to the second-level spells and could not do it effectively since he unfroze too soon. Another question I would have would be if I obtained 94 magic and used Ice Barrage on him, should I have any chance if I also use a little Blood Barrage to keep my HP up?

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

it does act as one (it did the day after the quest' release anyway, which is when i did) I brought runes, in the hope of maging him, but he managed to get to me.

Back by popular demand!

And I guess I just wanted to tell you, as the light starts to fade, that you aree the reason, that I am not afraid, and I guess I just wanted to mention, as the heavens will fall, that we will be together soon if we will be anything at all.

it does act as one (it did the day after the quest' release anyway, which is when i did) I brought runes, in the hope of maging him, but he managed to get to me.

Just figured it out myself with a combination of Crystal Bow and Bind runes, which works quite well.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat