Startup question

Korla

I looked through my msconfig, and found this screen:

hmmdn9.png

It's in swedish unfortunately, but I'm sure you can find it in your own language on your comp. Anyhow, can anyone give me a reason why I'm not running a "normal startup - read all drivers and services", but instead running a "selective startup", where all checkboxes are checked or...something.

So, I'm looking for a reason for why it's like this, as I do not remember choosing it, and what could happen, the good and the bad, if I started running normal startups, is there any point to it at all?

Thanks

korla3eaqd3.jpg

Have you ever disabled any services? I believe that can cause it to go to selective startup. Selective startup isn't necessarily bad - if you've disabled the Messenger service (which you should have) then it will probably show as selective startup.

It all depends on what has been selected.

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg

ah, so if I go under the startup tab and don't want some Microsoft-standard operations to run, it will show up as selective startup?

Only I just checked and everything under autostart is checked.

korla3eaqd3.jpg

Nothing was unchecked. But as I see it it just shows what kind of startup I'm using through other choices I've made. It doesn't in itself affect any settings as such. So I guess I'll just leave it as it is.

korla3eaqd3.jpg