Wireless Connection Problem

whocares

My wireless network was working fine for half a year. Then all of a sudden, it started lagging, during regular surfing and runescape. I have noticed that the Connection speed constantly changes. It goes from 54 Mbps to 48 to 11 to 5 and so on. I have tried chaging routers but that hasn't worked. I am not far away from the router either and when I connect to my friends' wireless it works fine.

Thanks.

smallsigr.jpg

I would say your internet company is doing something weird. But hats just a guess.
Nah thats unpossible... since the signal strength from the router changes

Maby your neigbour has the same router and it running on the same channel... this can cause noise in the connection.

802.11 networks use Adaptive Rate Selection. This means that depending on the quality of the signal, they change the rate at which they transmit. Your frequent connection speed changes are because of interference or being out of range. You could try changing the channel that your access point operates on, or moving closer to it.

fractalsignature2lq4.jpg

There may be some new wireless interference in the area that's causing problems. Trying changing the channel your wireless is using in your routers configuration. It may just be someone close by using the same channel and causing problems.