SLAYER HELP: Infernal Mages?

DegenerateX

Click on the link in my profile to see my stats:

Basicaly I have:

82 range

80 magic

40 prayer

40 defence.

I just got an asignement for 116 Infernal Mages. I like how I got a lot of them since I get annoyed for having to go back and forth to the slayer master in the lost city to keep getting new asignements. But I've also read that everyone hates them cause they're hard or something.

Would I be able to do them without using prayer pots (I have the 40 pray for an emergency if I get low I guess) and is it effective to cannon them. I don't care if it's profitable or not as I basicaly juts bought the c balls to waste them on slayer, so don't take c ball cost into account, juts say if it would work.

Untitled.jpg

And am I risking positively dying at these, and would you strongly recomend I take something else or should I be fine.

And are there any safespots?

Thanks a lot guys.

Looking for someone to teach me how to Armadyl farm - pm me

10,200th Person to Achieve 99 Magic on 1/10/08

Hmm, I havent been to them in a while but from what I can remember..

If you have decent mage defence you should be ok most of the time(Aka. you wont get owned) I think they use a spell like Fire Blast or something so there is no safespots I'm pretty sure. Also a cannon might help, not sure because I have never seen someone use one there :P

Vector1.png

Alright I'm going to try them out.

Hope I don't die and lose my stuff.

Now last question, where can I even find them?

EDIT: nm found out myself, off to slayer tower.

Any more expiriences on them.

decided to switch accumulator with sara cape and using knives instead of mage short bow so I can attach the Elemental shield for mage def.

Was that good to get my mage def up, or should I have kept the other stuff to increase my range?

Mage def of +103.

That ok?

Infernal mages aren't any trouble at all for me, but that might be the 80 defence.

1) You can't use a cannon in slayer tower. End of story.

2) Use bones to peaches and heal on their bones. It'll save you a lot of trouble.

3) Their max hit is 8 (they use fire strike), so they shouldn't hit too often or for too much.

4) No safespots, but seriously, you don't run much risk of dying. Focus on ranged attack in the chest, legs, helm, weapon (go with magic short) and for lesser slots, focus on magic defence. You should end up with a pretty good magic defence.

5) If you still have trouble, try range pots and super defence, though neither should be necessary.

Hope that helped.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Dang missed that last post. I just finished.

Found out about the cannon not working the hard way so that wasted 5 inv spots.

I ended up using the knives, elemental shield, and vambs and they barely ever hit me, although I almost got killed when one hit an 8 while I wasn't paying attention. Ring of life saved me -.-

Didn't get any good drops while my friend got mystic boots :(

Ended up wasting a lot of money on food but w/e it's a task worth doing due to their xp.

Infernal mages aren't any trouble at all for me, but that might be the 80 defence.

2) Use bones to peaches and heal on their bones. It'll save you a lot of trouble.

3) Their max hit is 8 (they use fire strike), so they shouldn't hit too often or for too much.

4) No safespots, but seriously, you don't run much risk of dying. Focus on ranged attack in the chest, legs, helm, weapon (go with magic short) and for lesser slots, focus on magic defence. You should end up with a pretty good magic defence.

5) If you still have trouble, try range pots and super defence, though neither should be necessary.

Hope that helped.

why super def? your def against mage depends on your mage level

vaan.jpg

cg1113.gif

master of killing Dharok with out Prayer :)

and bad barrows rewards (65 rounds and counting with no barrows item...)

Hope that helped.

why super def? your def against mage depends on your mage level

And your defence level.. :-$

RaGetheGreat.png

Retired from RuneScape for as long as possible.

Well woopie I just got Infernal Mages again as a slayer asignement.

I think I'm just going to use bones to peaches this time as it didn't occur to me before seeing as I've neer used it in a real situation before.

Well ring of life saved me my ranger set while I was watching a movie while training on them. While technicaly I can easily kill them using knives and barely hit any 0's and use bones to peaches for food, it's just not very effective for slayer xp/ money concerns.