What the hell... My cursor is moving on it's own!

Echofish

Right now my pointer is on the top-right corner of the screen and everytime I move it down it goes back up again...

I've got a Dell laptop and this problem also goes for our other Dell laptops. I normall use the lil button thingy (dunno what it's called) and it's hard to move the mouse right now.

Any ideas? I'm a total noob at these kinds of things and I usually run to my older brothers for help but I'm stuck :(

Ultra Unholy,

Hearted Machine...

Well, I guess there's a few things that could be wrong.

* There's something wrong with the mouse

* There's something wrong with the port(s) that you have the mouse plugged into

* There's something wrong with your touch pad(s)

* You have some sort of spyware or something

You should try using the mouse on another computer. You should scan your computer(s) for spyware. I'm not sure how you would fix your touch pad(s), nor am I sure how anything happened to them. Have you had the computers for a long time or something? Does your cursor move even if the mouse isn't plugged in? I'll let you try those things, I'm tired of typing.

The mouse I'm using isn't plugged in. It's built it into the keyboard ( I think it's called trackpoint, it's a button in the middle of the keyboard) and the touchpad.

I've looked around google and found that some people had the same problem as me. They fixed theirs, it involved opening the laptop >.< so I don't wanna go there ..

Ultra Unholy,

Hearted Machine...

Try contacting the shop you bought it from (or HP itself), they will have to fix it if you still have guarantee (I think it's written like this, not completely sure tough) .

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

This is a common problem with these type of button control devices. I have seen so many go nuts. The little button mouse is built into the centre of the keyboard, and means you have a few options:

1. if the laptop is under warranty, take it back to the supplier.

2. Take it to a PC repair centre. Alot though won't touch laptops as they are quite fiddly. Shame you were not near me, I could have sorted it for you.

3. Remove the keyboard and flex it slightly, this sometimes resolves the problem. The keyboard usually pops off the top, sometimes you have to remove a long plastic plate just above the keyboard first to gain access to the keyboard screws. Advice here is NOT to force anything.

4. Contact Dell and find out how much a replacement keyboard costs. and replace it yourself.

5. It maybe possible to disable the little button mouse device and just use the touch pad. If there isn't a utility to do this, then try looking in device manager and disable the device there.

Good luck,

Clare.