PS2 Help

Ss_J9_Goten

My PS2 no longer reads games. It comes up with the message 'Could not read the disc'. From what I've read that means there's a problem with the laser or lens. I've tried it with several games, all to no avail.

I was wondering how I would go about fixing this (I've found a tutorial on how to do it but that's for the chunkier version, whereas I have the slim version).

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

WELL...

I would suggest looking at the discs. If all of them are scratched up, then it's the discs. If there are a LOT of discs you tried, and they're all scratched..I would invest in a disc cleaner. It refurbishes your discs and makes them new..in a way. Works like magic.

If the discs aren't messed up, then borrow a friend's disc..see if it works. If not, then I would say to try and contact sony..allthough by the time that's over, it'd be cheaper just to shell out $80 for a new ps2 :-k

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

WELL...

I would suggest looking at the discs. If all of them are scratched up, then it's the discs. If there are a LOT of discs you tried, and they're all scratched..I would invest in a disc cleaner. It refurbishes your discs and makes them new..in a way. Works like magic.

If the discs aren't messed up, then borrow a friend's disc..see if it works. If not, then I would say to try and contact sony..allthough by the time that's over, it'd be cheaper just to shell out $80 for a new ps2 :-k

Well the games are brand new, so it's not that.

I'll need some information first before I can advise.

How long you had the PS2?

How many hours do you play on it a day? Longest day?

I've had it for around 2 years. I usually play 2-3 hours a day, longest was 6 hours.

Also, it works intermittently, and I've noticed it tends to work more after I've taken a break for a couple of hours.

Could be a problem with Air Ventilation. HAve it sort of above the ground and make sure air can get into it.

Or it could be overheating, though my current one hasn't fried yet.

Slimelines are a bastard for overheating.

If its overheating and won't run, I'm afraid you need a new one.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198