Splinter Cell : Double Agent

Intriguing

I realise this is a bit of an old game, but I thought I should post for advice anyway.

[hide=Background story]Before this year, I haven't been able to really engage in gaming. because I had such a horrible computer. Last year, about December, it died in a lightning storm, and insurance payed out, and we got a $1100 (or thereabouts) computer to replace one hardly worth $150. Still, the computer didn't have a video card good enough for any new games. Because of that, in about 2 weeks, I'm gonna be getting myself a nice video card. Once I have this card, I'm going to be buying some games (At the moment all I have is San Andreas and AOE III).[/hide]

One of the games I'm planning on getting is Splinter Cell : Double Agent. Basically I want to know, is this game worth the money? I've read some things about it, and I love the idea of the game. Working for either the government or the terrorists, etc. And the graphics don't look too shoddy. However, with pretty much any customer review I've read, aside from them warning you to have a good enough video card to run it, they tell you it's packed full of bugs, or that it feels like a "rushed" game.

So, I would just ask, if you own/have played this game, that you might give me your opinion as to whether or not I should get it, and reasons backing up your opinion. Also, if you don't think I should get this game, if you could recommend a similar, but better game I might get instead that would be great.

Another question, which I only just thought about, is will this game run on Vista? I was browsing a game site (different to the one I usually use. I was comparing prices and stock), and by accident, actually, looked at Double Agent. This one contained a bit more detail on certain topics, including specs. And it said the game only worked with XP, which seems a bit annoying.

I appreciate your posts.

Cool.