quick question about range/fletching

thargor01

ok well I cut my own willow logs and bought some flax and bs and made around 1.5k willow longbows, I've spent around 220k on items and while I'm not worried about money, is there any way to make some of that back? and by some I mean over 100k 8-)

finally back in the game! send me a message, all my old friends quit

I laughed so hard I pooped my thong. :lol:

Related to what you have?

I don't know. I mean there are various ways to make money. I wouldn't try alching the bows, as the nats you'd need cost more.

You could do something else, but I am not aware of anyway to make a bunch of money back from those items alone.

Sell them to the port shops will make a tiny amount of cash, but not nearly as much as you're looking for...

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

k, I'm just not used to seeing over 1k of anything in my bank that I can't use or can't sell ya know?

i would not string any bows under yew.

here are some numbers to crunch...

every bow u make and string you get 1/2 exp from making the bow unstrung, and the other 1/2 exp from string to bow.

now, we will pretend you buy willows 30ea and bowstrings 120ea (unbelivably cheap for bowstring).

method A- you buy 1k willows for 30k and 1k bs for 120k = you get 1k willow longbows (s) and 83k exp. (you also lose more money than in method B)

method B- you buy 5k willows for 150k (yes same toatl cost as in method A) = you get 5k willow longbows (u) and over 207k exp.

i would alway use method B, you get more exp per gp and it takes less time to make 2k bows (u) than 1k bows (s). you also loose less money

hope i heleped

bridgesigks4.jpg

God gave men both a p*n*s (male body part) and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time!

you did! but I already had around 1.4k willow logs, and I didn't know that, do you know of any way to unload the 1.5k willow longs in my bank for more than lik 2 gp ea?

best place to sell them is to the charter ship across from catherbery.

(take care not to acsidently sell to the regular shop guy there he pays far less, youl have to walk alomst to the end of the dock right across from the bank.)

you will stil not get near 100k

bridgesigks4.jpg

God gave men both a p*n*s (male body part) and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time!

I've found that the best way to traing fletching at a low level is to buy willow logs at 25-30gp each and make them into unstrung willow longbows. Then sell them to the charter ship for I think 24 or 26gp each. I've also heard that unstrung maple longbows sell for 110gp+ to the charter ship, so you could use those too.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007