help with saving!

vdevilv

i need help with saving. i save on .png, but wen i use it as my sig, its says that the file size is too big, or somtin like that. but wen i save as gif or jpeg, it loses its color, i need help plzzzzz

well what i use is photoshop elements 2.0.. cost about 50 usd in sams club ;p Not free programs though (although there are illegal ways to get them of course), and most of the higher level ones cost upwards of 700$

u know any that r free?

png's are only really good for block colours. your sig has got loads of colours in it. a png is not suitable for it.

a jpeg is the idea file type for your miage but you are just trying to save in too low a quality. download "gimp" (search google) and you will be able to set compression rates to save

The left image is a png and the right is a jpg on high quality. they look the same but one is less than 2kb and one is 32kb

blockonepng5kw.pngblockonejpg8fx.jpg

Here is a photograph using many colours. png is on the left and jpg on the right. note how much smaller the jpg is in this case.

blocktwopng9gm.pngblocktwojpg4db.jpg

You just need to understand the different file types and their uses.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Downloading the Gimp just for compressing an image is a bit much :P

Using a sledgehammer to squash an ant :wink:

Etrosoft has a free image converter,

http://www.etrusoft.com/

It also has a batch image converting ability. Add the files you want converted, go to settings and set what you want them to come out as (jpg at 100%) and click start.

sig16xk.jpg

Superknight/Blademaster: Level 150; Hps: 132

Theoretical damage per round: 234

Highest recorded damage in one round: 104