Official Final Fantasy Thread

Lionheart_0

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 Questions:

1) Are XIII and Verses XIII going to be relesead together as a box set or are they both being sold seperately?

2) How are they connected?

I'm not completely sure, but I'll take a stab at them.

1. My guess is that XIII and verses XIII will be sold seperetlly. It's really a business move cause this way it will force people to buy both so that they get the full story and Square Enix gets more money. The reason I think this is because there is also a third game in development for mobile phones (XIII and Verses XIII will be for PS3 only). With three games coming out, and one being on a different platform, it somewhat makes sense to release them seperatly. (And by the way, we won't get the mobile phone game in the Americas or Europe. All of SE previous mobile games were for Japan only)

2. The two (three) games are all played in the same world apparently. It's much like how FFX played in spira and FFX-2 played in spira as well. The difference this time around, is that these will all be going on at the same time. So this is three different stories based on separate protagonist in order to sum up to a much larger story. The whole set of three games are called "Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII". By playing the three games, one will not miss anything entirely by playing one game and not the other.

Wikipedia says:

Each title will have its own style of gameplay: Final Fantasy XIII is a turn-based RPG, Final Fantasy Versus XIII is more action-oriented like Kingdom Hearts, and Final Fantasy Agito XIII is an online mobile phone game.

ps. Researched the third game, its called Final Fantasy Agito XIII

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!