Was it My Internet Cable Problem?

nicrune007

Well when i use the computer once in a while i will lose connection..

then i will unplug the cable and plug it back again to get the connection back..

So.. is it possible that my cable is spoilt?

I have already updated my router

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

If you haven't already done so, have your cable company check the line. They can probably pin down what is going on.

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

If you haven't already done so, have your cable company check the line. They can probably pin down what is going on.

~Mr. Devnull

Oops i meant the cable from the router/modem to the computer

internet works perfectly fine for my other computer though

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

~Mr. Devnull

I had the exact same problem. You probably have trojans or viruses. All I did was do System restore if you have windows XP. My dad was so pissed at me for screwing up his comp, it took like a week to figure that out.

Edit: Nvm, I could just restart it and internet worked again

~Mr. Devnull

I had the exact same problem. You probably have trojans or viruses. All I did was do System restore if you have windows XP. My dad was so pissed at me for screwing up his comp, it took like a week to figure that out.

Edit: Nvm, I could just restart it and internet worked again

Hmm, viruses/trojans don't sound like the problem just yet... :-k

nicrune008, try using the cable from the other PC with your router-to-computer link. If that works, it means that the cable you were originally using is bad. If not, then it could mean worse. :-s

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

it is possible that something is partially blocking the contact between the cable and port, look and see if any of the metal things are bent or broken, or if it is dirty or dusty. A quick blow of compressed air usually fixes these problems.

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

There are 10 types of people: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Appreciate Bacteria! It's the only form of culture some people have.

The brain's right side controls the body's left, so only lefties are in their right mind.

School!