Help Please

Hound196

I don't need to visit your link to know a few things.

1.) Your net access is somehow limited.

2.) Something is re-directing a lot of your internet travel.

3.) You're possibly using a Dell, and they aren't at fault for what is going on, likely enough. (You've got that branded Dell Search Page... what a giveaway. If you're not using a Dell, I'd love to know what is putting you there.)

4.) Either your ISP is failing in sending your requests to the right place, or your PC is badly infected with a virus.

Any chance your PC is running an antivirus or firewall? Are you keeping clean of spyware/malware? If you have no antivirus or firewall, here are two URLs that are essential to any Windows user:

1.) http://www.eset.com <-- NOD32 AntiVirus by Eset Corporation.

(Trial Edition allows you to update definitions for 30 days, proper license required after to continue using update service. It is far more than worth the money to have this working fully. I know because I'm using it.)

2.) http://www.zonealarm.com/store/content/catalog/products/sku_list_za.jsp?dc=12bms&ctry=US&lang=en <-- ZoneAlarm FREE Edition.

(This is, I have to say, the best firewall out there for an average home user. It will help put an end to unwanted inbound and outbound traffic, as well as teaching you the inner workings of what goes on in your PC. Although, I have to say that the ZoneAlarm Pro Version is better at doing this. I'm using ZoneAlarm Pro.)

Now, if you can not reach either of those two URLs, then I can tell you that you are most likely badly infected with a virus. And if you can't reach Eset's NOD32 website, then you're worse than [bleep]-ed. Repairing your PC will be right next to impossible, short of saving anything you don't want to lose onto a thumbdrive or other such data space (preferably a 500GB "My Book" by Western Digital) and formatting and rebuilding your whole PC.

BTW, I'm assuming worst case with this post, so I seriously hope you're not looking at worst case scenario.

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

what ISP, OS and router are you using?

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

There are 10 types of people: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Appreciate Bacteria! It's the only form of culture some people have.

The brain's right side controls the body's left, so only lefties are in their right mind.

School!

english plz..... :-s

lol.

sorry, I just had to do that.

ISP == Internet Service Provider, like Verizon,

OS == Operating System, like windows 95

router == that box connected to the phone/cable line

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

There are 10 types of people: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Appreciate Bacteria! It's the only form of culture some people have.

The brain's right side controls the body's left, so only lefties are in their right mind.

School!

just one question:

how are you getting to the site? is it by use of the address bar or a search engine? I have gone to the url provided their without any problems via the address bar.

Also you can still get a antivirus program even if you do not have internet access. just download the installer program with anouther computer and copy it to cd (provided the licence allows it).

then try updateing it once its installed and running a scan.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

what ISP, OS and router are you using?

Oh..

ISP= Bright House (I guess)

OS= Windows Vista (The comp is a Dell though)

Router= I hve no idea wat its called.

I enter the site through my favorites. Ive tried using different search engines, thinking it might let me in the site, but no luck :(

And ive tried writing it in the address bar but tat dosent seem to work either....

waterfalltg0.jpg