Uber Lagg. XBL the culprite?

astro_dude

Well ever since my brother hooked up the cable for Xbox Live (I think) I've been getting really bad lag. It takes 1-3 mins. to load runescape or even to open another Window. And when i try to X them out i always get the "End Now" Box which does nothing. Suggestions? This really has never happened before. I tried un hooking the cable for XBL but it still does not work.

HELP?

hotchickqp0.png

nadrunecraftingarmywz0.png

I doubt that xbox live would interfere with the PC. I suggest the (quite generic answers) following:

0) Show us your system specs. If you don't know how, then go to start > run...and then type dxdiag. Look around a bit (dont change anything), and it should show your system specs somewhere.

1) Are you running applications in the background, such as Anti-viruses, Instant Messaging, Media Player, stuff like that?

2) ...do you run a File-Sharing program, like Limewire?

3) I also suggest a Spyware scan. use Ad-aware or Spybot: Search and Destroy to scan. Spyware takes a lot of system resources if you let it build up. I'd also suggest a virus scan using a scanner such as Norton Antivirus, NOD32, or AVG Free Edition.

4) If none of these are true.....I say get Hijack this and post the log. I don't know much about reading those, but somebody else will.

EDIT: As Nadril said, Speedtest is a good way to check your internet connection. Post results here.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

Sorry i couldnt reply sooner I was grounded form the computer. This should help.

0) aVg165J.jpg

1) AIM/MSN. But they were never a problem.

2) Nope.

3) I have both SpyBot and Norton.

And its not just my Internet its my computer in general. This is getting really anoyying. And i cant play Rs. >_<

hotchickqp0.png

nadrunecraftingarmywz0.png