Playstation 2 network adaptor

Hulk12

I recently bought a PS2 network adaptor to play online with. My problem is I can not get a connection.

I insert the network adaptor disk into the PS2.

I attemp to set up a connection.

"Connection Timed out"

I tried manually puting in my IP and such but no luck.

Any suggestions?

If your running off of a router, then the best bet would be to DMZ yourself (through the control panel of your router) and also be sure you are using crossover cables if your going to a router or modem. Are you running ICS or anything? Also, how is your internet connected?

My ISP is http://cox.com I connect through a Cable modem. When I connect to my computer with my Modem I use a USB connection. But the PS2 doesnt allow that so I use a Ether net cable coming from my Modem to the network adaptor.

(Motorola Surfboard is my modem)

The problem may be that the cable your using is a patch/straight cable and not a crossover cable. The difference in these types is the way the ethernet wires are assigned. You can buy crossover cables from your local computer stores or through online sites such as TigerDirect.com. BE SURE it is CROSSOVER.

On the other hand, it MAY be a crossover and your modem may require a straight-through type cable. The best way is to check both of the wire types out. If you know any nerds, ask them for a crossover and straight-through Cat5e wires.

Well you are right I have a patch cable but it's the cable that came with my Modem. I might as well buy a crossover cable. Thnx. I'll report back if it works.

You can't use both the USB cable and the Ethernet cable on the modem at the same time, you need to route it with either a PC or a router.

Also for your information a crossover cable is used for connecting two clients without a hub or any base network. PC -------Crossover------PC.

Any device such as a hub/router/switch/modem only requires a standard ethernet cable.

Lol. I know what I'm talking about. And I have to use a crossover cable when it connects directly to my modem. I'm majoring in Computer Programming at a college here, and I'm also MCSE certified. I don't speak lies :) If you knew correctly, you would know that most modems route data different either using a crossover or straight-through. It's all variant on the modem.