One Minute Until Midnight

Dragonlordjl

I love how when an update comes out that makes something easier, people scream "Omg! Helping the little kids! It's turning Runescape into NOOBSCAPE! Make it harder!"

Meanwhile when an update comes out that makes something actually more difficult, people scream "Omg! This is an inconvenience! It's turning Runescape into NOOBSCAPE! Make it easier!"

I'm sure Jagex has already come to the conclusion that you can't please a player community who doesn't even know their own wants.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

This update is developmentally delayed. A 104 friend of mine died while we were duoing Bandos. He lost D Scimmy, Glory, and Bandos Boots. I was luckily able to tank Bandos for a minute, get his stuff, and get the last kill. But what if I wasn't able to tank one minute, or what if it was me who died? I highly doubt my friend could have tanked for 1 minute.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Well not everyone kills boss monsters, which so far is the only bad point iv'e seen. So for the masses it's a good update.

Oh yea I think they forgot to mention it dosen't work with dying to poison.

So im killing monkey guards on ape atoll while dharoking. I get down to low hp and stop paying attention. When I look back I see I have 3 hp left and as I see this poison hits a 3. I end up in falador, rush for my teleport and teleport back to ape atoll (all this way under a minute). To my horror someone is yelling "I got the stuff I got the stuff!".

3m lost because jagex forgot to make this 1 minute rule affective against poison.

Well not everyone kills boss monsters, which so far is the only bad point iv'e seen. So for the masses it's a good update.

So im killing monkey guards on ape atoll while dharoking. I get down to low hp and stop paying attention. When I look back I see I have 3 hp left and as I see this poison hits a 3. I end up in falador, rush for my teleport and teleport back to ape atoll (all this way under a minute). To my horror someone is yelling "I got the stuff I got the stuff!".

3m lost because jagex forgot to make this 1 minute rule affective against poison.

More like 3M lost because you were too stupid to pay attention while doing something risky. Your own fault, it wouldn't have been any different before the update so you can't blame the update on your own idiocy.

More like 3M lost because you were too stupid to pay attention while doing something risky. Your own fault, it wouldn't have been any different before the update so you can't blame the update on your own idiocy.

I'm blaming jagex because they said I have 1 minute to get to my items before other people could see them and they still appeared, not because I died and lost things. If they say that my items will be protected for a minute I expect to get them back when I make it back in that time.

I agree that I should have payed attention, but if jagex made an update which was supposed to keep my items safe and they weren't, I feel that I should have my items back, instead of losing them when I wasn't supposed to.

Juggling is also a factor.

Apologies if someone else has suggested this :ohnoes:

A lot of the time when i have to many things to hold, but don't want to drop any until i have more space from food, or potions being used up i will systematically drop items so they are still under my control and not in my inventory.

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

My friend posted a suggestion about this on RSOF the day of the update, he suggested that there be a toggle option, similar to accept aid, and let that decide if your stuff shows up right away or waits a minute.

Sorry if that link that the guy posted was of my friend, I was too lazy to check.

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008