Comp Freezing

The_Valor

Ok, just recieved my Laptop from being repaired, and instead of just re-fitting the keys that had fallen out and repairing the touchpad, they decided a full system reformat. So, I started my laptop up and started to do the rutine of downloading an anti-virus and firewall, when it started freezing. During the writing of this it happened to, this is the second time i've written this.

It is brand new from Fujitsu and should NOT have this problem, can n e 1 help?

I've already checked thru programs and applications, nothing there that should not be.

And i've run the Virus scan, nothing again.

Thanks in advance.

The Valor

- My skills are now really, really lame ! Time to fix that! -

Take it back to the repair people and tell them they messed up your computer, but make sure you bring a friend who is bigger, dress him in a suit, put some cigars in his pen pocket, and make him walk in the store with a baseball bat and slicked back hair :wink:

Except for the mafia hit man part I agree with Zonda :) The best thing to do is take it back to the repair shop. That way you might get a refund or free check up if there the ones that messed it up. But if they see that you have tried to mess with anything they will refuse to give the free check or maintaince.

Overheating comes to mind when you say it works a little bit and then freezes. It's probably best to follow the advice that's already been given, though. Hopefully the people that worked on it will be good about checking to see if they did something wrong.