Why Runescape will experience inflation in the coming months

agamemnus

I thought about this some more.. and I think I agree that we will see more gold coming into the game, but not from stores -- from alching.

The reason is simple. Before, many people left items to rot in their banks, because they were worth far more than alch value but they weren't worth enough to bother selling. Many of these folks have now tried selling these products, causing prices to drop down to alch value. Seeing them at alch value, many people will alch them rather than continue trying to sell.

In fact, many people are now buying armor and weapons from the GE just to alch them.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Interesting thought, Qeltar. (BTW, did you receive the email I sent you?)

I think this high-alching of armor, etc. is probably just temporary though, since people will stop smithing more armor/weapons/etc. now because the price per bar of the armor is under the high alch price of the best item to high alch. (r2h) People'll smith r2h's/plates/etc. much more now to get the most per bar.

I replied earlier actually.. made me think of this thread.

Remember that there are a LOT of rune items dropped by monsters in the game. It used to be rune scimmies and chains were worth selling for some people, but I doubt they are anymore. We'll see if / how much prices recover.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Well, even though my original thinking for why RS prices are going to inflate may not have turned out to be correct, it seems that with all the bots gone this may incredibly increase the price of a lot of botted items.

Also: any items that weren't tradable in the GE before due to an incorrect price are now going to be traded as this will be the only option. If the GE price is too high, people are just going to produce less so that the true price becomes equal to the GE price, and vice-versa.