Help with DVD backups

tetrisgod

I have some DVD movies: Gladiator, Godfather, Scarface, and many others that are not in very good condition.

I paid for these movies straight up and I have a Panasonic DVD Ram/R on my computer and I want to know....

The exact program I need to be able to shrink my Dvd so it wil fit on Dvd-R and then copy it onto a DVD-R.

I want to backup my movies....no piracy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Tetris

I am almost certain we just discussed this no more then a week ago. Have a looksie, if I am wrong correct me and I will gladly lend a helping hand :wink:

I am almost certain we just discussed this no more then a week ago. Have a looksie, if I am wrong correct me and I will gladly lend a helping hand :wink:

They tlaked about Dvd Shrink but i checked out dvd shrink and it shrinks but you need another program to copy, am i right?

I use Alcohol 120% Perfect for 1:1 backups of DVD, PSX, PS2 games, audio etc. Free trial at the above link.

Best program imo on the net.

Normally it is impossible to create a 1:1 copy of a DVD-movie on a singelayer DVD-R. Purely because they are usually quite a bit bigger in terms of filesize. Hence you need a program to shrink it with. There are several ways to get a lot better quality than with DVD-Shrink when doing this, but there is no way that is nearly as simple to learn.

For this one, I suggest you seek out one of the many forums dedicated to this particular Topic... for two main reasons...

1) That's what they do - so they're bound to be able to give you better advice/info

2) I'm a little wary of how close this comes to breaching Copyright laws ;)

One-time #13 smither.

All-time #1 noob.