Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Caxis

Has anyone played the game(s)? They're my favorite text/graphic adventure games that I've played. I've only played part one and three (Trials and Tribulations), and have yet to get part two (Justice for all). I should have played them in order, because there seem to be some major spoilers for the cases in part two; but the mystery of Godot really made me want to get part three.

I have to give the series a 5/5 because they were entertaining and I just wanted to keep solving more cases. The court battles can get really insane and it's just so much fun trying to figure out who the guilty one is. I also loved pointing out contradictions.. "Objection!", music stops, Phoenix explains, and then you get to see some funny reactions from the witness and prosecutor. The sense of accomplishment was also very satisfying. The twists were also very good.

There were times when I had no idea what to do and presented some random evidence, but for the most part I managed to figure it all out. I also found some of the investigations kind of a drag, but by then I was always near the end, and the usually left off with a new development in the case.

My favorite episodes for PW1 were four and five, and for PW3 I liked episodes three and five. And my favorite character would have to be Godot.

I love the Phoenix Wright series for the DS, they represent such a unique genre of games that I don't often see. I have Ace Attorney and Trials and Tribulations, though I must shamefuly admit, I haven't gotten past the first case. :XD: There was that case with the cop chick who supposedly pushed her boyfriend down in the pathway in the park, do you know how I can pass that? I'm thinking that the examiners were the one who wrote down the (wrong) name in the sand with the victim's hand, but I could be totally wrong.

Sorry to be offtopic, but there's also another text/graphic adventure game on the DS that I love, Hotel Dusk: Room 215. By any chance, have you played that game?

rickastleywh7.png

I read about Hotel Dusk in Nintendo Power, but I haven't found it in any stores yet :(

There was that case with the cop chick who supposedly pushed her boyfriend down in the pathway in the park, do you know how I can pass that? I'm thinking that the examiners were the one who wrote down the (wrong) name in the sand with the victim's hand, but I could be totally wrong.

Are you talking about the first game or the third game? I don't remember any cop girl pushing her boyfriend in a park.. It would help to mention the victim.

The case he's referring to is the first case of Justice for all.

After playing the first and third games, you're going too be very disappointed with the second game. In my opinion, it's the worst game of the series.

However, the series on the whole is very good, and the last case of the third game does an excellent job of bringing the storyline to an end.

I can't wait for Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney to come out this Febuary!

blackmageid8.png