Oh and if you happen to hate Hunter right now, don't worry, it actually gets better at 80+. The rate at which you catch Chins exponentially increases each level. Depending on a bit of luck and the world I'm in, I've gotten up to 150k xp/hr (560ish chins) at about level 83 I think (this may have been with an Arctic Bear too or whatever familiar it is. But I usually average around 100k xp/hour :)

codguy.png

Codguy.png

Sorry to tell you, but the boost that a familiar gives you is an invisible boost (unless a scroll boosts it up). So if you don't actually see level 80 for Hunter, then you will not be able to use 5 traps at once. The invisible boost however makes it so that you will catch more chins/hr.

With gathering skills, you get more xp (or items such as chins, fish, logs, ores) per hour with the higher level you are. Some skills, you won't see much of a difference, but it's the same with all gathering skills. And the invisible boost from a familiar raises your level just for this, to gain more xp/hr. However, it does not allow you to do more (such as use more traps, or hunt better animals).

Visible boosts are things like potion boosts, where you see the level gained. And even with this, you are still restricted (such as wielding armor/weapons, and a few other random things in the game).

A few exceptions that exist would be Pyrelord - +3 Firemaking invisible boost. And invisible Farming boosts... But I've never seen that personally (although I do know you can get an ADZE using a Pyrelord at level 89, but you can't wield it until 92).

Sorry if that was confusing, but in other words, you won't be able to use 5 traps until you're level 80 (although a Hunter potion might change that?).

codguy.png

Codguy.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...