Revenants too strong for F2P!

Fainted

so here i was mining rune, and these creatures keep showing off..

mostly i encouter the revenant ork, which is i think lvl 108? i think the are supposed to be the substitute for pures.. anyway, they hit me like 25's with magic!

if you encounter the warrior type, lvl 126, you are dead meat if u cant get outta there ASAP.

i have NEVER ever seen a F2P hit 25's with range or mage. let alone seeing one beast that can get even close to that. i tried to kill one out of frustration and i almost died trying while havin plently of food and being fully armored (runeset + scimmy)

so all i can do is run as fast as i can, but since the first blow already hits a 20-25, youre always too late with using protections (mage protect would do with full rune, though)

another thing, these things can heal like there is no tomorrow. they have infinite food or something? and what kinda food is it anyway?! i cant hit higher than his healing rate.

my point is, Jagex should make special F2P Revenants with the same lvls

but with maxed out F2P power. Fire blast powered magic, addy arrow range power, and scimmy power melee. also, swordfish heal for max.

this would make it more fair! at least they should be beatable...

best would be when they just bring PK back.. but don't see that happen..

cast ur comments!

Fainted.gif

i think that you are either member or some1 who never comes in contact with these things.. its actually really unbalanced and i spoke about it with fellow miners and they noticed the same problem. its like entering BH and notice that its full with members who kill you almost instantly..

i think this has to be notified

Fainted.gif

u have a point the revenants are way 2 strong ive been atked by a rev vampire so i hid behind a door to heal and the next thing is a rev pyrethingy flies through the door and kills me wif a 20 cuz the vamp had already weakend me.and just to make it all better at the time i had 47k and full rune :evil: omg jagex u realy screwed up wif revenants

i think that you are either member or some1 who never comes in contact with these things.. its actually really unbalanced and i spoke about it with fellow miners and they noticed the same problem. its like entering BH and notice that its full with members who kill you almost instantly..

i think this has to be notified

Bollocks. I'm f2p and I'm a revenant hunter. (Since there is nothing else I want to do in RuneScape with real pking gone, that's what I enjoy.) Have you ever seen my blog? You probably didn't, because it's crap, but now it's time to go to Blogscape, page 100 (give or take) and find it. It's one with about 3 posts. (I'm still doing it! Just not now)

Also, Noodleman, wasn't it so that you can't carry loads of money in the wildy now? Maybe it was BH, but if yes... lie more please. Also, I would understand two vampires after each other (pk team) but I actually have trouble finding revenants I can attack.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

Fairness,

first of all sry for my quick judgement

its not about whether or not you can kill them since that seems to be a challenge for you. its the fact that the current revenants are p2p based. and if you are not hunting them, which means u dont have the pk needs with you, you are very vurnerable to them since u cant defend in a P2P way, neither kill them in a P2P way. plus, teleblock was nowhere to be found in f2p.

thats why i dont think theyre the right replacements for f2p..

you cant denie that f2p'ers cannot hit 25's..

ty for commenting anyway ::'

Fainted.gif

Well, let's see then this way... what are the reasons you could go in the wild, in f2p?

1. Mining rune (or anything else, for that matter). There, you can just carry 5 lobsters each trip and drop them when you get to the spot or when you need that extra space. Revenants might teleblock but if you have the food to survive you can easily run away - they don't bind that often.

2. Bounty hunter. That's a short trip and your chances are very little to encounter a revenant. If you do, and are paranoid, there is a bank at the BH place, so you can bank your stuff and get it out at the arena.

3. Everything else allows you to store enough food.

I can't deny that f2pers can't hit 25's, you're right. What I'm saying, it's only fighting them that is hard. You can set up yourself to avoid revenants, which also involves paying constant attention and running away when you see a yellow dot in a place where there are no monsters usually.

Someone once said that revenants can poison in f2p. If that would be true, then this would be a very reasonable rant, but there must have been a hidden update or something, as revenants for me do NOT poison. And I've been attacked by Orks, so it can't be just the high-end. As it is now, I don't think they're that bad.

By the way, my revenant hunting character is low-level, and yet it still has enough HP to survive *two* of your worst revenant hits. Maybe unless already weakened.

The only time revenants could be VERY nasty is when they gang up on you in multicombat.

You're being watched.

yer those 3 points are right, and me being a rune miner makes me a vurnerable target. several revenant wander near the rune rock (i can imagine why jagex did this though) and it regulary happens that i log in next to one. so they hit you before you even know it, usually with a nice 25. if this happens a few times, you can return to the bank with almost no profit. also, there are red spiders around the rune so u cant determine whether its a revenant or not. as far as i experienced in other places, i get hit by a mage attack before i see a yellow dot.. might be me?

reasonable hits would make this more balanced in my opinion. what i learned from my rage against em, is that i def should not fight em. although, mage protect would help you the most, you just cant kill them with scim and str ammy, they heal too much and have inf food.

the thing i hate the most are the first high hits.

and no, they cant poison (thank god!)

and if they swarm you can say byebye to your rune ores :boohoo:

Fainted.gif

You have some true points, but I just wandered near the rune rocks on my first revenant hunting trip and guess what... only a revenant werewolf was even NEAR the place in the whole time, and that was kinda west from the place. I think I'll test this some time.

You're being watched.

give it a try.

it can also be my bad luck.. one time i logged in right next to one, i ran east and thought to be safe.. turned off mage protect and got instantly hit with a 18 by a revenant in the lava maze, casting his spell across the lava.. so i ran north-east and a revenant knight was already waiting for me lol.. that was kinda hilarious rly, and i actually survived it.

Fainted.gif