Complete lack of customer care

deep_pain

Jagex are in a way victims of their own success here, I've never needed to contact Jagex customer support, I'm not saying that just because I have never needed to in 6 years that there aren't a lot of valid cases and it is unnacceptable that the only way to really contact them easily would be through their forums.

However Runescape may have a large user base, but as a company, Jagex are not a yahoo or youtube, their income is much less and for such a small turnover they seem to have a comparitively large staff base.

It is completely wrong that they took away CS, however I can only imagine the emails they get everyday, I'm sure yours is a legitimate appeal, but I'm sure almost everyone who gets black marks or muted or banned, appeals. Judging by the amount of idiots on Runescape, and how many muted people you see, they must be inundated with appeals, I could see no way short of raising prices, which would probably kill the game, of them being able to read every appeal or complaint.

I do not think it is right that appeals are automatically replied to or skim read. It is defintaley not great that they took away other forms of contacting them.

But it's a balancing act. Either raise the prices, by double or treble to get the staff required to handle customer service or have a system simular to now. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Jagex use a premium rate telephone number. As I've never needed to contact them anyway.

It isn't perfect and no doubt people will still need to contact CS, but generally theres a few simple rules that would make it unneccesary.

1: Have good internet security

2: Dont give your account info to anyone

3: Behave yourself in game.

4: Don't cheat

I have close friends that have been banned, some for autoing, some for language, others for other reasons, all were decent people. Them being banned doesn't make me think they are bad people. But when it came down to it, They did the crime, now they're doing the time, they just gotta suck it up.

Of course innocent people will get caught up in it, maybe like yourself, I don't know what you did or didn't do. But unless those people start accepting their punishments, it will always be bots reading appeals, because there is no way they can manage the workload of all the false appeals. I can only imagine the emails they used to get after every update and change also.

Deep_pain.gif

Co-Founder of KoA over 18's clan. Founded 2002. An RS clan for adults only.

Now Recruiting