Jard Y Dooku's Fast Goutweed Collection Guide v1.0

Jard_Y_Dooku

Jard Y Dooku's Fast Goutweed Collection Guide v1.0

logo.png

Welcome to Jard Y Dooku's Fast Goutweed Collection Guide. The guide was last updated on Saturday, November 29, 2008 05:32 AM GMT.

~~~ Table of Contents ~~~

Section 1: Introduction

Section 2: Main Guide

Section 3: Tips & Tricks

Section 1 - Introduction

Welcome to my goutweed collection guide. As you may know, collecting goutweed can be time-consuming and difficult if you don't know how. Whether you're just collecting one or two goutweed for the Eadgar's Ruse and/or Dream Mentor quests, or collecting goutweed to exchange for herbs, this guide is for you! Collecting goutweed can actually be quite fast and easy...

Section 2 - Main Guide

To collect goutweed, you must be at the end of (section 10 of Tip.It's quest guide) or have completed Eadgar's Ruse.

~~~ Inventory & Equipment ~~~

Your inventory and equipment setups are very simple. Wear the lightest clothing possible; spottier cape, penance gloves and boots of lightness are all good items to wear. You should have Trollheim teleport runes (2 fire, 2 law) and any teleport to get you out of there when your inventory is full. I recommend house teleport tablets if you have a lot of portals or a glory in your player-owned house, as they are stackable and you won't forget to take one each time.

~~~ Getting There ~~~

To start off, you need to go to the goutweed room. Teleport to Trollheim and walk west to the market area, then to into the cave just above said area. See the RuneScape world map and type "Trollheim" into the find box in order to locate this area. See Tip.It's Troll Stronghold guide to see how to get to the room once you are inside the stronghold. Here is the location of the goutweed room on Tip.It's map.

the_room.png

~~~ The Technique ~~~

This is where you should stand at the start of each "run" for a goutweed.

gout0.png

Now, pay close attention to the minimaps in the three subsequent pictures. When the trolls in the game are in the SAME positions as the ones on the minimap, click the square indicated by the red flag in the minimap of the screenshot. If you follow these instructions carefully, the trolls will not catch you and you will succeed on every try!

gout1.png

gout2.png

gout3.png

When you reach the location of the red flag on the last map, click the "Search create" directly adjacent to your character, IMMEDIATELY! You will obtain a goutweed and be kicked out of the room. Return to the top of the "The Technique" section and repeat until your inventory is full, then teleport back to your player-owned house or whatever location your chosen escape teleport brings you to, bank and repeat!

Section 3 - Tips & Tricks

- If you are lower level, you may want to take a bit of food in case the trolls hit you on the way to the goutweed. If your prayer level is 43 or above or your defence level is very high, this probably won't be needed.

- As the trolls can hit you for around 5 damage in the goutweed room if you make a mistake, you may want to bring food.

- Completing Eadgar's Ruse, instead of staying at the end of the quest before attempting this technique, is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Without completing the quest, you cannot use the Trollheim teleport spell, and this will slow down your goutweed collection enormously.

- Don't comment on my strange attire and unusual mustache in these pictures. I was bored.

- If you're still getting used to it, you can put on Protect from Ranged when you begin running and turn it off when you reach the safespots to avoid damage. This costs about 3 prayer points per run. - thanks to heavyc1 for this tip

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

sorry for the double post but, i tried it out it takes like while to get used to and to size up how much you can do around the trolls but arter i got used to it i was doing one weed in under a min. each :thumbsup:

edit: cashed it in...out of 14 weeds 1 ranarr and like 2 kuarm the rest were junk or less than 1k ea

Y_Z.png

Interesting. How much money per hour can you average with this? I know it's a collection guide, but I'd like to know how profitable this is.

Oh, and if you're still getting used to it, you can put on Protect from Ranged when you begin running and turn it off when you reach safespots to avoid damage. This costs about 3 prayer points per run. [/tip]

Heavyc1.png

heavyc1.png

Thanks Draynor.net!

• 5 months later...