Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is it worth coming back?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Mercifull
[ Display Name History ]

Mercifull

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,130 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Mercifull
  • Clan:Tip.It

Graphics updates aren't that great, your character looks [developmentally delayed] when running etc. Other then those, I'd go for it.

^^ This is personal opinion. I personally like the new look and the smoothness of the walking/running.

Posted Image
Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

alex_Lei1993
[ Display Name History ]

alex_Lei1993

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 285 posts
I guess it is if you have nothing to do. I've been retired for nearly 2 years but I recently came back just to mess around when I'm bored. Bounty Hunter isn't nearly as bad as everyone thinks, especially if you are between 50-55 combat, 95-100 combat, or 126 combat in F2P. :D
Posted Image

Bloodveld
[ Display Name History ]

Bloodveld

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,995 posts

Pic

Wow, that is really nice. Wish they would have kept the original style instead of switching to the generic WoW/GW UI though.

I also wish full screen was f2p too. My new temp account is having plenty of fun in f2p and I have no intention of getting overwhelmed with all the new p2p items, but I want to use full screen.
Posted ImagePosted Image
:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.
Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.
Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.
BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

KingdomOfLight
[ Display Name History ]

KingdomOfLight

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • RSN:Kingdom196

I don't have money to waste

Then don't come back

Prejudiced against the poor, well I'm prejudiced against those with crappy sigs.

Again thanks to those who posted their opinions. I'm still undecided. :^o
RSN: Kingdom196.

Makoto_the_Phoenix
[ Display Name History ]

Makoto_the_Phoenix

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,997 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Makoto D

If you're going through this much indecision behind $5.95, then it's probably not a good idea for you to come back.

When you grow up, you'll learn the value of money and that there won't always be an endless supply from mummy's and daddy's pockets.

Ad hominem much? You act like I'm some child...

Anyway, I do know the value of money. It costs about $5.95 to eat out once in a blue moon. It costs about $5.95 for a gallon and a half of gas. It costs more than that for bills, room and board, tuition, etc...

My point to you was simple: If you're not prepared to chance the money, then wait until you can. Chances are you spend easily two to ten times more than that on some console game or DVD.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

KingdomOfLight
[ Display Name History ]

KingdomOfLight

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • RSN:Kingdom196

My point to you was simple: If you're not prepared to chance the money, then wait until you can. Chances are you spend easily two to ten times more than that on some console game or DVD.

The way you said it seemed immature, it gave me the impression you meant I shouldn't have a problem parting with the small subscription charge. Fair enough it was a misunderstanding. Not sure if you actually mean I easily spend that much on games and DVDs considering our last misunderstanding...I don't see how you can assume that from the info I've given (including living in overdraft).
RSN: Kingdom196.

luker2d2
[ Display Name History ]

luker2d2

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,277 posts
  • RSN:Luker2d2
  • Clan:None

no

Want to add why you think that?

Lol?