Stories Behind Things

dragoonson

Its actually supposed to be Musical Stories,but thats confusing with my Musical Crimes :lol: .Erm,its quite an old piece of work (January lol) and its...I dunno...Basically,I take a song,analyse it and create a history of events occuring before the song.I'm posting this because...Well Goffen Wars and Musical Crimes aren't getting much love from the creative half of me,and I really want that welcome from Xewleer.Seriously,can I get one?

Actually,its not much of an old story as much as an old concept...Because I lost the old files :cry: so I'm writing this from scratch.I'll go with a Metallica song this time.If I can think of it,I might get a song from the band I drum for =D (You have no idea how little meaning some songs can hold until you try things like this)

Before anything,yes I'm doing Whiskey in the Jar,yes I know its mainly a story,yes I know its a folk song.The thing is I'm not turning the song into a story,but making a "prolouge" for the song.Not in song form.I fail at that.Oh wait,it looks like I did turn the song into a story :lol:

-Whiskey in the Jar-

"Connor O'Reilly sat at the foot of his bed,his favourite girl still asleep in it.Her fees had been increasing recently,and he doubted he had enough for any more this month.Fishing out his coin purse,he pulled out his last 50 quid and put it on the table.

Connor crawled back into bed.Slightly worn out from the fun he had that night,but not enough to sleep,he thought of his family.He thought of Jessie,but she died of plague a few years back.Then he thought of Ma.She would have been so disappointed if she haven't died with Jessie.Ah disappointment.Captain Farrell,that bastard.

Captain Farrell was rich from all the bounties and ransoms he collected over the years,and the Devil knew how much that was.Sighing,he turned over and went to sleep,dreaming of a day when he would marry Molly...

The next day he awoke with Molly and her money gone,Connor could just see how sour her face was when she realised he didn't have anything more than 50 quid,and nothing worth stealing for a-pawning.Sighing,he got out of bed and wandered out,hardly dressed.Ah a cold day.The swearing man re-entered his house,coming out a few minutes later fully dressed and armed with his rapier and pistol.

Walking down the slope to the town to find work,he noticed a distinct emptiness of notices on the town board.Muttering something about the Devil,he decided he might have more luck on the other side of the Mountains.A day or so later,he was halfway past the Kork and Kerry mountains,when-son of a gun!There was Captain Farrell,completely unarmed and counting a small stack of newly-earnt money!

Equiping his pistol then his rapier,Connor shouted out."Stand and deliver,Farrell.Or may the Devil take yah!"

Taking the Captain's money and leaving him for dead,the Irishman returned home.He arrived a day later and spent much time with Molly and the drinks.Of course she said she loved him,but she left at one point to talk to a mysterious stranger.Connor would have recognised him,but he was drunk and saw everyone as Molly.

A few minutes later,the drunk man entered Molly's chamber,ready for more fun.And fun was what he got,up till the next morning,around six or seven,when the bastard of a Farrell burst in,and was shot by Connor.Twice.Perfect crime?No.The bastard brought some reinforcements and had apparently survived the shots.

Well,thats my story man.What are you in for?"

-End!-

Cheesy so far?Just you wait.I seriously want that intro though lol.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

since you want an introduction so much I'll give it to you! And you won't like it either!

[hide=]You walk into a room. You've been in this room many times before and have even contributed to it's shelves. At one table is the man known as Xewleer. He is trying to write something, but has writers block. You walk up to him.

"Hey! You haven't greeted me yet!" And you slap him on the shoulder. He gets up.

"Alright... alright! Howdy!" Suddenly, he knees you in the soft spot! You fall on the ground screaming... then you realize something... that blow was so powerful you will never have children! "I nearly had my plot point! Dangit! It's gonna take me forever to figure it out! Have a drink!" He pours his glass of wine upon your body. He then lights a match. "Welcome ta Hell, kid!" He drops it on your body and it is on fire![/hide]

How do yah like them apples?

Yeah. Don't ask for that kind of thing again. Word of warning right there.

Nah, I'm kidding, welcome to the library!

Now then. You're story. It was a pathetic piece of toilet paper compared to your musical crimes. Please. Do better.

I do have some constructive criticism:

1. For your musical crimes, try to spice it up. Have new ideas. Have some one go after Rick Astley and ask why this is happening? Or have the main character try to figure out who's doing this. You know detective work.

2. How about something unique and spectacular? Not just: kill everyone in the prison, but more like: Blow up the statue of liberty, and do it CREATIVELY, not just with some c-4 the guy put in an abandoned warehouse.

3. Remember! Music is good for you to listen to while writing! It boosts creativity! I never write without listening to music.

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

since you want an introduction so much I'll give it to you! And you won't like it either!

[hide=]You walk into a room. You've been in this room many times before and have even contributed to it's shelves. At one table is the man known as Xewleer. He is trying to write something, but has writers block. You walk up to him.

"Hey! You haven't greeted me yet!" And you slap him on the shoulder. He gets up.

"Alright... alright! Howdy!" Suddenly, he knees you in the soft spot! You fall on the ground screaming... then you realize something... that blow was so powerful you will never have children! "I nearly had my plot point! Dangit! It's gonna take me forever to figure it out! Have a drink!" He pours his glass of wine upon your body. He then lights a match. "Welcome ta Hell, kid!" He drops it on your body and it is on fire![/hide]

Now then. You're story. It was a pathetic piece of toilet paper compared to your musical crimes. Please. Do better.

1. For your musical crimes, try to spice it up. Have new ideas. Have some one go after Rick Astley and ask why this is happening? Or have the main character try to figure out who's doing this. You know detective work.

2. How about something unique and spectacular? Not just: kill everyone in the prison, but more like: Blow up the statue of liberty, and do it CREATIVELY, not just with some c-4 the guy put in an abandoned warehouse.

3. Remember! Music is good for you to listen to while writing! It boosts creativity! I never write without listening to music.

Haha, for me I listen to Linkin park and the stories would be a bit gruesome... especially if you know why some of the songs were sung.

Haha, for me I listen to Linkin park and the stories would be a bit gruesome... especially if you know why some of the songs were sung.

I know it was.I'm just...I dunno I have exams soon,and stuff.But yeah if I can ever find another song to do it'll be better.

1-I'm planning something similar,they're all in prison you know ;)

2-Hmm,true,true.But I needed somewhere in Singapore that people stay in one area for a long time.That almost never happens.

As for 3,I do listen to music,but if I let it influence my writing you'd get 3 Black Dahlia murders and a few Bodom Night Mysteries fully described including how much blood.That may be nice,but its kind of cliche by now...

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I know it was.I'm just...I dunno I have exams soon,and stuff.But yeah if I can ever find another song to do it'll be better.

1-I'm planning something similar,they're all in prison you know ;)

2-Hmm,true,true.But I needed somewhere in Singapore that people stay in one area for a long time.That almost never happens.

As for 3,I do listen to music,but if I let it influence my writing you'd get 3 Black Dahlia murders and a few Bodom Night Mysteries fully described including how much blood.That may be nice,but its kind of cliche by now...

Lol