RuneScape isn't ruined...

DanDuke

I 100% disagree with your rant.

1. From what I've been told, RWT + trade limits were put into effect due to Jagex getting far too many fraudulent credit card charges. They failed epically by not taking care of this earlier on and in a much more effective way than they are currently doing. I won't go into details about it but I'm willing to bet they've barely reduced the amount of fraudulent charges. They also won't give me any details as to the amount of fradulent charges before these updates and after. Many players on the official forums say "they don't have to" but I'd be willing to bet it's because they failed and they're not willing to admit it after such huge updates.

Also, I personally miss bots keeping the prices of resources under control. Now if I want to level a skill, it's going to cost me money instead of helping me make money.

2. They are obsessed with money. They could charge $15 a month like most other games and get a small amount of players due to the quality of the game. But they only charge $5. Most parents are willing to shell out $5 a month to keep their kid out of trouble. $15 is less likely and then they would be competing with games like WoW, EQII, and L2.

3. BH sucks. It's not a replacement for wilderness, it's junk. Summoning is a money drain, slayer helm is ok, and the new graphics make the game come up to par with early Gamecube graphics. Nothing spectacular to make up for all that we lost.

It's hard for me to admit it but I agree with you 90%. I couldn't have said it better myself actually..

Allybopper.png

I totally agree with what you are saying, people do only mention the bad points on Runescape and not every update can suit everyone. For example, the old wilderness was not for me, I rarely went in, and if I did go in, it was just for fun. I wasn't a pker. So when they got rid of the wilderness, it didn't affect me, nothing had really changed for me. Then FoG got brought out and I didn't play that for a while but I have recently started to play it and I love it. I also love how if I need to go into the wilderness for anything, I don't have to worry about Pkers, I just have to worry about the monsters lurking in it. Rev's are a nice touch to the wilderness and I prefer the wilderness as it is now.

Obviously, some would totally disagree with me. Pking might of been their thing, but it won't of been the only thing they did and the wilderness has been replaced with other things that are just as good.