Need help designing my house!

StuntLandia

I have a quest hall on my main floor with stairs leading to a skill hall in the basement. I haven't tried connecting a dungeon stairs room to a quest or skill hall though.

I would recommend removing the parlours, and moving the 4 rooms in the northwest corner of your main floor south one square. Parlours are entirely useless as far as I know, and the limit on total # of rooms built is low enough that having multiple useless rooms will probably come back to haunt you eventually. And by "haunt you", I mean "cost you a whole lot of money removing them and rebuilding".

i would suggest haveing these rooms net to portal:

portal chamber

alter room

skill hall

and lectern if you make tele tabs..

this way if our monster hunting or w/e, you can tele to house, recharge pray and use glory/portals to get places, or use lectern/guided alter fast :thumbsup:

090828110351.png

090914204824.png

XBL gamertag: SeismicTriangle

I just want to confirm that you CAN go from a quest/skill hall to dungeon stairs, I have done this in my own house.

I would also recommend putting your altar and portals as close to the house entrance as possible. its very convenient!

in addition, your house plan seems to be a bit random, as if it'd be hard to remember. You might want to consider re-designing it to make the shape more geometric.

[hide=My house]secondfloorul1.png

groundfloorrh7.png

dungeonpk9.png[/hide]

I'll just please the costum room next to a bed room. The parlour is on floor 0, if you havent seen it

You only need two bedrooms, I'd recommend replacing one with a costume room.

I know you have a parlour, that's what I was saying. WHY do you have a parlour? If you're going for flash, that parlour could be another room in the dungeon. It doesn't have any use whether you're making a functional house OR a flashy house- the most expensive thing in there is a mahogany armchair.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

I'll just please the costum room next to a bed room. The parlour is on floor 0, if you havent seen it

You only need two bedrooms, I'd recommend replacing one with a costume room.

I know you have a parlour, that's what I was saying. WHY do you have a parlour? If you're going for flash, that parlour could be another room in the dungeon. It doesn't have any use whether you're making a functional house OR a flashy house- the most expensive thing in there is a mahogany armchair.

He has a point. Parlors ARE fairly useless. You could replace it with a formal garden, but instead of that ugly iron portal, you could put a nice fountain or gazebo in its place.

I just want to confirm that you CAN go from a quest/skill hall to dungeon stairs, I have done this in my own house.

I would also recommend putting your altar and portals as close to the house entrance as possible. its very convenient!

in addition, your house plan seems to be a bit random, as if it'd be hard to remember. You might want to consider re-designing it to make the shape more geometric.

groundfloorrh7.png

dungeonpk9.png[/hide]

I was thinking of putting my two portal rooms next to my entrance as well...until i realized how many law runes i'd waste #-o

i put the chapel and the kitchen on both sides of my living room, because that's the first thing i do when i teleport to my house.

kwarlord.png

"Hey, I can't help it if I was born this cool." Adell, Disgaea 2

I don't just want a functionally house. I also want to make house parties, and invite friends.

I'll replace a bedroom with a costum room. I'll keep the parlour because I like to chill in front of the fireplace ;)

The chapel has to be next to the entrance, when I train prayer

I have cash enough, so don't think about that

EDIT: I would like a formal garden with a fountain somewhere, but where exctly?

groundfloorrh7.png

dungeonpk9.png[/hide]

I was thinking of putting my two portal rooms next to my entrance as well...until i realized how many law runes i'd waste #-o

i put the chapel and the kitchen on both sides of my living room, because that's the first thing i do when i teleport to my house.

A waste? Certainly not! Portal rooms are the most useful rooms in the house, doubly so when you're on Lunar or Ancient magics. I've been on Lunar for a month now, and I have 2 portal rooms (with all portals but Lumbridge). Its been an incredible convenience to have them, and well worth the 900 laws it took to make. All you'd need is some house teletabs and your portal rooms and you'll never miss not being able to teleport on other spellbooks!

I don't just want a functionally house. I also want to make house parties, and invite friends.

I'll replace a bedroom with a costum room. I'll keep the parlour because I like to chill in front of the fireplace ;)

The chapel has to be next to the entrance, when I train prayer

I have cash enough, so don't think about that

EDIT: I would like a formal garden with a fountain somewhere, but where exctly?

I think it'd look nice off the dining room. You'd have a view while you eat ;)

A waste? Certainly not! Portal rooms are the most useful rooms in the house, doubly so when you're on Lunar or Ancient magics. I've been on Lunar for a month now, and I have 2 portal rooms (with all portals but Lumbridge). Its been an incredible convenience to have them, and well worth the 900 laws it took to make. All you'd need is some house teletabs and your portal rooms and you'll never miss not being able to teleport on other spellbooks!

well it IS a waste now that I already activated 6 portals....you do realize that you don't get those runes back when you destroy the room and move it somewhere else, do you?

kwarlord.png

well it IS a waste now that I already activated 6 portals....you do realize that you don't get those runes back when you destroy the room and move it somewhere else, do you?

Thats the reason I'm planing the design of my house now, so I don't have to rebuild it later.

I had my portal rooms within a couple weeks of Construction's release, and have used them HUNDREDS of times since. I have never had to move them. It's ridiculous to argue that such a small initial cost of 900 laws isn't worth such long-term convenience.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

[hide=]

[/hide]I had my portal rooms within a couple weeks of Construction's release, and have used them HUNDREDS of times since. I have never had to move them. It's ridiculous to argue that such a small initial cost of 900 laws isn't worth such long-term convenience.

well the thing is, my first portal room is all the way on the other end of my house. which is three rooms by four rooms. the seond portal is next to my dining room, which is only three rooms from my entrance. the portal over on the end of my house takes awhile to get to, even on run.

i was thinking of a better teleportation hub...if you are allowed to remove the first room that you are given...

kitchen<------->skill hall with mounted Glory (where first room is now)<------>chapel

-

-

teleport room 1<----------->entrance<-----teleport room2

whereas the kitchen leads to the rest of the house.

kwarlord.png

calm down, I didn't know you already had them.

Updated once again!

I had to remove some rooms because I forgot about my 25 room limit

by all means, put the chapel next to the entrance portal. Just remember that the portal rooms only have one doorway and need to be placed on the outer edge of your house.

kwarlord.png