Gielinor gods = U.S. politics?

fenrir321

If this is in the wrong forum, I'm sorry. It doesn't pertain to the game in so many words, but it has to do with links between real life and Gielinor.

Republicans = red = Zamorak = the war in Iraq, more individual freedom also can cause chaos

Democrats = blue = Saradomin = wants total control/"influence" of the nation/congress

Independents = green = Guthix = people who vote on the actual issues and not just for party; most powerful

I just noticed this, and I wouldn't put it past Jagex to put something cheeky like this to poke fun at Americans :lol: . Saradominist and Zamorakians are ALWAYS at war, similar to Dem/Rep. Saradomin wants everyone to follow his every whim, and Zamorak wants people to be free (but still under his rule). Guthix needs no followers because he is the ultimate being: existence/balance.

Democrats want all power to be given to the government (similar to communism, but not NEARLY as much power).

Republicans want a weak national government, thus being "free" but still under rule, which can cause much strife and slight bits of "chaos" ;)

Independents are neither side and will *shift* sides according to issue values. They are also the most powerful decider in this 08 election ;) . They are also a "compromise", or balance, between the two major parties.

So, am I just being over analytical, or could this actually be how Jagex designed the three gods of Runescape?

Oh, btw, Bush = Zamorak, Gore = Saradomin, B. Clinton = Armadyl, Bush senior = Zaros ftw, Bush senior's father = Itchklairin (sp?), and Barak Obama = Bob :lol: , oh and McCain = Bandos \'

^^^Just making jokes, not insulting any of them (except for maybe poking extra fun at Obama \' )

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

Erm...read a bible first and I think you'll get the basics of religions. :shock:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Erm...read a bible first and I think you'll get the basics of religions. :shock:

Basically that religion = politics?

Yeah, kinda knew that since the whole Crusades thing in the middle ages was "religious" but many just for political purposes.

I'm just saying which ideals they made the religions to be like, especially with matching colors.

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg