[Contest] Photo of the Month - August

Shiny

Welcome to Photo of the Month. The last months one basically ran aground, and nothing happened. Now though, with a gallery regular (and amateur photographer :lol: ) I plan to change that. And so I present to you ....

Photo of the Month - August:

The theme for this month is Houseware and Homes. So anything like toaster, blenders, spatulas, and odd cooking utensils would make great macro shots, photos of people cooking in the home (Not at work or cafeteria) photos of things around your house, your house, anything related to those. Lets try to steer away from the garden, as that's more nature. Have fun photographing!

Rules:

All of your photos, manipulated, and un-manipulated, no questions asked. I know it may seem tempting but rules are rules and it isn't "Stock of the Month."

Definitions of Photography:

If someone could check up on these it would be great. I personally don't agree with him, but the more experienced photographers could have a say in this?

Non-Manipulation =

Quote:

Photographs taken with a film or a digital camera featuring a minimal amount of colour and exposure adjustment.

Allowed Tools: Basically anything you could do in a dark room, or in this case, digitally... in Adobe "Light Room"

Burn & Dodge

Levels

Contrast/Brightness

Saturation

Sharpening

Curves

Photo Filter

Exposure

Also the use of the spot-removal or the healing tools to remove unwanted things [dust, blemishes, birds that strayed into the shot]

Manipulation =

Quote:

Photo manipulations are images that have been composed of two or more photographic elements to create something new.

Allowed Tools:

Anything, including super-imposing an image within another

Filters

Blending modes

Layer styles.

Brushes

Text

That means if you're using a lens, make sure you say.

Please don't enter a edited photo into the Non-Edited category, that's cheating and you will be found out.

There will only be allowed 1 entry into each category.

Who ever wins this month chooses next months theme, and I assume someone will start a new thread?

That's all I think. If you need anything changed, other things added, more rules, you disagree with something or whatever, don't hesitate to pm.

You have until the 25th of August, so roughly 14/15 days.

Entries

Non-Edited:

Edited:

[hide=Psvstef]PICT0159.jpg[/hide]

Now I will love to see your photos, for a good ol' competition. Don't hesitate to ask me anything, and have fun taking photos!

lampost_sig_stark.png

'Ny special theme?Sorry 'bout the last one =P

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]