My First sig

Guest Rob

Jak.png

I know its big, im getting it resized.

Anyway, im new at sig making. I made this with the GIMP. I heard smudging was the only way to go background wise, so i did a basic attempt. The border was made with selecing a region, and using lava, i also experimented with multiple layers and blurs. Rate it if you'd like, and constructive critism would be helpfull.

I heard smudging was the only way to go background wise, so i did a basic attempt.

That is so untrue. But anyway, you need to learn how to blend the render into the background so it doesn't look like its just pasted on top.

The border does not fit at all. While it looks kinda neat, it doesn't fit this piece. And the text needs work. If you want a place that has lots of texts you can look through and download, try www.dafont.com

Call me Kat, or Kathy Corkat

Not bad, especially for a first!

I'd suggest changing the font though, or do something about it - it doesn't stand out enough. Maybe even something as simple as adding a border color to the text.

Overall, nice job.

-Kaosmerchant

sig1.gif

Send me a PM if you'd like any style of sig done - I'd be glad to help you out.

Well, its my first real sig...Before i'd take picturea from images and give em borders... Ive also goofed around with the gimp, but again, this is my first SIG.

I don't like the different lighting on the ears. :geek:

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

I heard smudging was the only way to go background wise, so i did a basic attempt.

That is so untrue. But anyway, you need to learn how to blend the render into the background so it doesn't look like its just pasted on top.

The border does not fit at all. While it looks kinda neat, it doesn't fit this piece. And the text needs work. If you want a place that has lots of texts you can look through and download, try http://www.dafont.com

Agreed, but to be honest I don't think the border looks particularly neat. :-?

I'm not going to go into detail since I think you need to get to grips with the basics more first, but overall it's a pretty average first signature (I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way) that needs work on render blending, backgrounds, text and borders.

penguin.gif

pixel avvy by me deviantART