The official TIF jeopardy thread!

Harakiri

Who is the smartest person on TIF? Its time to find out! The rules are simple. Answer whatever question you want, and after all 20 questions have been answered (do not answer a question someone else has already answered) each person with points will be able to risk as many points as they wish, and answer the question. If they answer wrong, they lose those points, if they win they add the specified amount of points, just like jeopardy.

AMERICAN REVOLUTION:

1 point:Who said this: "If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men? [no] controls on government would be necessary."

2 points: Where and when was the infamous "shot heard around the world"?

5 points:Who said "I am not a Virginian, but an American"-Patrick Henry

8 points: Why was John Hancock the first person to sign the Declaration of Independence?-He was the President of Congress

10 points: Who said "Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."-George Washington

European Regions:

1 point: I am a region, and official department of France crossed by seven rivers including the River Isle which crosses me from North East to South West. My many, scenic valleys, support varied cultivation including wheat, potatoes, corn and fruit. I am divided into four main administrative regions, one of which is Nontron.

2 points:Part of the larger Bohemian Massif, I provide some of my nations richest mineral deposits. My main town is Walbrzych but many small resorts and spas are found in my more rural areas.

5 points:I am a region of North Central Jutland bearing the same name as my principal city. Once the consecration site of Danish Kings, and the site of the first Danish mint, I went into decline after the seat of Danish power moved East. I am now a commercial centre responsible for beer, tobacco, textiles and machinery.

8 points: I am a common name given to a ridge of limestone hills across the Western Midlands region of England. My escarpment rises steeply from the valley of the lower Severn and slopes gradually towards Oxford. I am one of England's principal tourist regions and the village of Broadway lists among my principal attractions

10 points: A principality in my own right, my independant status is traditionally ascribed to Charlemagne who recovered my region from invaders in the early 800's. My landmass lies wholly within the Roman Catholic diocese of the 'See of Urgel'. The streams running through my many valleys result in my one main river, the Valira.

Finish the movie quote:

1 point:'This was no boat accident. And it wasn't any propeller.

It wasn't any coral reef. And it wasn't Jack the Ripper. It was a _____.' - Hooper, in 'Jaws'.

2 points: 'I'm the King of the ____!' - Jack Dawson in 'Titanic'.

5 points: 'Locksley, I'm going to cut your heart out with a ____!' - Sheriff of Nottingham, 'Robin Hood Prince of Thieves'.

8 Points: 'Welcome to ____!' - Will Smith in 'Independence Day'.

10 points: 'Whoever saves one life, saves the world ____.' - from 'Schindler's List'.

Comedy:

1 point:Although some would not consider this guy to be a typical comedian, he has been a part of some very funny films. He played Bette Midler's husband in one film and and Arnold Schwarzenegger's brother in another. His first movie role was as a mental patient in the 1975 Jack Nicholson film, "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" He was best known, however, for his role in the hit TV sitcom, "Taxi" (1978-1983). Who was he?

2 points: This comedian started out in movies but at first wasn't that successful. He would, however, become one of the most popular stars of early television. Dubbed by Orson Welles as "The Great One", his career skyrocketed during the 1950s with one of the most popular sitcoms of all time. The sitcom would continue as part of his variety show in 1966. His two most noted movie roles were as a famous pool shark and a vulgar sheriff. Who was this legendary comic?

5 points: This Brooklyn born comedian got her start doing standup in the 1950s. Her success landed her regular guest appearances on "The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson" (1962-1992) and "The Ed Sullivan Show" (1948-1971). She was known for her rough, raspy and loud voice in which she specialized in poking fun at herself, mostly because of her looks. Just before starting her own talk show she became the regular fill in for Johnny Carson. Later she began work as a Hollywood fashion consultant on Entertainment Television. Who was this famous comedian?

8 points: This multi-talented comedian began his career as a popular stand up comic during the 1980s. His break first came when he was a contestant on the talent show, "Star Search" (1983-1995) where he won his round against Dennis Miller of "Saturday Night Live" (1975). In 1987 he was cast on the Cosby Show spinoff, "A Different World" with Lisa Bonet and Jasmine Guy. His popularity earned him a gig on his own show in 1993. He also did films, most notably one in which he and Arnold Schwarzenegger fought over a Christmas toy. Who was this comic genius?

10 points: This American comedian first gained recognition as part of a military sitcom during the 1960s. He later did several Disney movies with other known comics such as Don Knotts and John Amos. Perhaps this comic's most noted characteristic was the ability to draw an audience's laugh without the benefit of dialogue. It was that ability that landed him a part on one of the top comedy variety shows of all time. Who was this famous comic?

POINTS-

JACKATTACK-23

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Oh I could clean up on American History. I think I got the all but one.

[hide=]2. Concord 5. Pat Henry 8. He was the President 10. George Washington[/hide]

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

Finish the movie quote:

2 points: 'I'm the King of the ____!' - Jack Dawson in 'Titanic'.[hide=]world[/hide]

Comedy:

1 point:Although some would not consider this guy to be a typical comedian, he has been a part of some very funny films. He played Bette Midler's husband in one film and and Arnold Schwarzenegger's brother in another. His first movie role was as a mental patient in the 1975 Jack Nicholson film, "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest" He was best known, however, for his role in the hit TV sitcom, "Taxi" (1978-1983). Who was he?

[hide=]Danny DeVito[/hide]

x9whitey9x.jpg

The code in my sig should say 1032 not 0132.

[hide=American Revolution, #2]Lexington?[/hide]

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

• 4 weeks later...