Football (soccer...) : your 'dream team'

Oy_the_Great

After all the commotion with Man City's wish to form a dream team, since they apparently don't seem to take the player's prices into account, I was wondering what everyone here would do if you were in charge of the team and the transfers of Man City. So imagine yourself to be the manager of the club, with unlimited funds at your disposal: what players would you want to buy and on what positions would you assign them?

My team is based on my experience with Football Manager '08, a fairly reliable source of the qualities of players (even some top coaches use it), and of course my own opinion after watching international games and games in the Premier League, La Liga, the Serie A and the Champions League in particular. Here goes!

.                  Ibrahimovic                  .

.                                               .

.                    Ronaldo                    .

.Robben                                    Messi.

.                    Iniesta                    .

.                    Essien                     .

.Chiellini                                 Alves.

.               Terry      Puyol                .

.                    Buffon                     .

On the bench:

Casillas (GK) - Real Madrid

Barzagli (CD) - Wolfsburg

Rio Ferdinand (CD) - Manchester United

Gerrard (CM, AM, LM, RM) - Liverpool

Fàbregas (CM, AM) - Arsenal

Silva (ALM, ACM) - Valencia

Eto'o (CA) - Barcelona

Some players were a tough choice (Xavi, Iniesta, or Fàbregas? Henry, Rooney or Eto'o?) but all in all I'd be pretty pleased if I were the coach of this team :)

Now for a summary of why I picked them:

Gianluigi Buffon: A fantastic keeper obviously, and a leading figure on the field, something I highly value in a goalie.

John Terry: English sturdiness, leadership and great reading of the game, combined with excellent defensive skills and aerial quality. There's little Terry can't that's required to be a perfect defender.

Carles Puyol: The lack of speed of John Terry is compensated by Puyol: on a potential counter and the rare occasion Terry isn't where he should be, Puyol would be able to cope with it. His speed, tackles and tough approach is very useful.

Giorgio Chiellini: Not easy to pick the right player for a left back, I would have picked Ashley Cole, but Chiellini's outstanding performances lead me to this choice. Some Italian ferociousness is always a plus in defense: Chiellini is a very skilled and impressive left back, who's also perfect as a central back, if needed.

Daniel Alves: Brazilian flair, technique and speed, but also a sharp tackle and good positioning, this guy has it all. He's also able to hit a ball sweetly, a good choice for free kicks, corners and he's very good at crossing the ball when running down his right wing.

Michael Essien: What Alves lacks in stature, Essien (and Puyol) can easily compensate on the right wing, where he also feels comfortable. He's one of the very best players in the world, perhaps primarily because of his versatility. Strong, fast, agile, great stamina, good technique and good defensive qualities. That's all you need as a defensive midfielder.

Andrès Iniesta: Maybe not an outstanding choice, because there are quite a lot of great central midfielders comparable with him, 2 of them that had the same training as he had: Xavi and Fàbregas, all three of them Barça youth products. But I'm a fan of 'El Blanquito', so I picked him. He's a brilliant player who always seems to spot what no one else spotted: he can create great opportunities out of nowhere by landing the ball precisely where he wants it and has excellent skill on the ball too.

Arjen Robben: Not easy to pick my favourite left winger, but with a couple of great performances this year, international and in Spain, at Real, he's my favourite. Every football fan knows his qualities: his acceleration, general pace, fantastic dribbling technique, good passing and finishing abilities too.

Lionel Messi: My favourite player at the moment, next to Thierry Henry. He's a killer when in top form, and he's still lethal when in regular shape. There's no one at the moment who appeals as much to me as Lionel Messi, because of his sudden movement and sheer brilliance by times. Although I was too young to have seen Maradonna's godlike actions, I have no doubt that Messi is just as good and has pretty much the same qualities. Perhaps it's in the Argentinian air, or it's just their culture, but they keep producing the most amazing footballers.

Cristiano Ronaldo: Even people who have never touched a football know him, and for good reason. Ronaldo can combine pace, fabulous technique, unpredictability and overall skill with power, agility and aerial supremacy. Something you rarely see: most players lack in at least one of the above, since being good at the ball and agile often goes hand in hand with being small and not very strong. Ronaldo somehow is able to have all of that though, and, unfair to others as it may be, it makes him the greatest player in the world IMHO. He should still keep working on his attitude though, but he's not the only arrogant world class player.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Just like Ronaldo, Zlatan is able to combine everything an attacking player needs. He may not be as fast as Ronaldo, but he's taller and stronger, and he's better in placing a ball exactly where he wants it, with tremendous power. He has very little weak aspects, but that may be the reason why he too is pretty arrogant and selfish. Still, because my team would only have one (target) striker, he perfectly fits the role. I was first thinking of putting Fernando Torres there, since they both had great seasons, but Zlatan's combination of technique and stature is unique, and I prefer him.

I'm not going to summarize my choice of 7 reserves, my post is long enough as it is.

So what are your dream teams? What do you think of mine? Any flaws? You don't have to clarify why you chose your players, but I would appreciate some information. Oh, and you can just quote my post and use the football grid I used for the positions: just make sure the spaces in between are right :)

Have some managing fun!

Oy

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

.          Torres     Ibramhimovic              .

.                    Ronaldinho                 .

.Ronaldo                             Messi      .

.                      Essien                   .

.Lahm                                 Ramos     .

.          Cannavaro    Ferdinand               .

.                    Buffon                     .

A quick list. Could change about constantly. Not sure on the positions though.

Torres - As much as I dislike him as he's a Liverpool player, I can't help but admire him as a footballer. His work rate in the final stages of the Euro Championships sealed it for me.

Ronaldinho - Still one of the best footballers in the world, but has had a difficult time lately. If I wanted the ball to anyone on my dream time it would be him.

Defence - Not sure sure about this yet. Might change it slightly yet.

sig2ho7.jpg

GK: Gianluigi Buffon - An absolute no-brainer, he is the world's best keeper.

LB: Phillip Lahm - Absolutely brilliant fullback. He's able to attack, he's quick, he can pass, cross and even shoot very well. He's also able to take care of his defensive duties.

CB: Fabio Cannavaro - He might be 34 but Italian defenders are like fine wines, the get better with age. He was, to me, the number one reason why Italy won the world cup. He might be a bit older but he doesn't lack pace and he never seems to make a positional mistake, he just he a sixth sense of being in the right position and on top of that he is fearless. Look at Italy when he's not playing, they struggle.

CB: Pepe - He's the sort of defender I like, one who can play the ball. He brilliant defensively and he has the skills to play the ball and initiate counter attacks. On top of that, he is very quick and a good header. He's already used to playing alongside Cannavaro at Real Madrid and that would help plus it's a good blend of youth and experience.

RB: Daniel Alves - He'll cause problems for any team down the right. Like Lahm he's quick, can pass well and decent defensive job.

MF: Xavi Hernandez - He's one of the games best passers, he rarely makes a bad pass for Barcelona or Spain. He's and extremely creative player and uses the ball well. He can play either centre midfield or as a defensive midfielder so he's more than capable of attacking and defending when he is needed.

MF: Gerrard - As much as it pains me to pick an Englishman, you jest can't leave out Stevie G. He's got everything, he passes well, he shoot well, he can defend, he has it all. How many times has he taken Liverpool by the scruff of the neck and lead them to a win, he just seems to inspire everyone around him.

LW: Leo Messi - He can run rings around defenders and is a brilliant passer and shooter. He's a creative genius, that is why he helped Argentina to an olympic gold.

RW: Cristiano Ronaldo - He scored over 40 goals last season and is probably the best player in the world at the moment. Enough said.

CF: Fernando Torres - He's, quick, strong and is clever enough to get into the sorts of positions and make the runs that give and defenders nightmares. Right now, I don't think any traditional striker can touch him.

CF: David Villa - I take that last comment back, maybe he can touch him. Another great striker and he showed it during Euro 2008. That's why I'm going with the Spanish strike partnership.

Subs

GK: Petr Cech

RB/DF: Sergio Ramos

DF: Rio Ferdinand

DM: Javier Mascerano

MF: Andrea Pirlo

AM/MF/RW/SS: Kaka

CF: Samuel Eto'o

.                 Villa    Torres                        

.Messi                                    C. Ronaldo

.               Gerrard    Xavi                      

.Lahm                                 Alves         

.           Cannavaro      Pepe                  

.                    Buffon                           

Edit - Why does everyone go for Ibrahimovic? He is so immensely overrated and is a big sulky primadonna. I wouldn't have him as my teams kitman.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Edit - Why does everyone go for Ibrahimovic? He is so immensely overrated and is a big sulky primadonna. I wouldn't have him as my teams kitman.

Just check out how many goals he scored for Inter this year, and if you've closely followed the Serie A games, you'll also notice he's extra sharp on important moments. He's the man at inter that keeps them from being a regular 6-7th ranked team in Italy. 26 games, 17 goals: try doing that in defensive-minded Italy when you're the only striker playing in your team. And again: his goals are important ones. He decided the derby against A.C. twice in the 06-07 season, and this season, after having been injured for about 2 months, he had to score against Parma to win the title. He did, twice! Inter champions again.

And the 3 seasons before that one, he also won the Scudetto, once with Juve, twice with Inter, that had been doing dreadful the seasons before he came.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

It was a toss-up between the other top strikers in the world and Ibrahimovic. A lot of the others are even more overrated than him I think. Heck I was thinking of putting Larsson up there :wink:

sig2ho7.jpg

It was a toss-up between the other top strikers in the world and Ibrahimovic. A lot of the others are even more overrated than him I think. Heck I was thinking of putting Larsson up there :wink:

I was thinking of putting myself on the left back spot, but I figured I'd give the others a chance too ;)

heinzny2.jpg

Ibrahimovic is a centre forward not a striker, and why the hell would you have essien as a CDM?, also ronaldhino hasnt had anything in him for 2 years now, because of his off pitch binge drinking and saying he is "too good for training" i'll build 2 teams by looking at first post, a dream team and a team that works.

[hide=Current team]Berbatov

Ibrahimovic

Messi Gerrard Ronaldo

Hargreaves

Evra D. Alves

Vidic Ferdinand

Casillas

Bench; Agüero - LW CF - Rooney St - Huntelaar CAM - Kaka DM - Gattuso CB - Terry RB - Lahm GK - Buffon

Players to watch out for this season, Rooney - had a few injurys but when on form can see things others can't.

Da silva - Manchester united right back great prospect has roberto carlos like qualities

Messi- enough said.

Torres - needs to prove himself in big matches against the big four not done it yet.[/hide]

[hide=Team for the Future]Torres Ibrahimovic

Messi Anderson Ronaldo

Mascherano

Lahm Rafeal Da Silva

M.Richards Mertesacker

Casillas

Aguero also big talent which not many see as he is not leaving athletico madrid but they have qualified for Champions league and will face liverpool which torres will face his former team in that match too.[/hide]

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Gotta admit some of my feelings played a role here

Rosenborg super team 4-3-3

.                    Ola By Rise

.           Erik Hoftun   Rune Bratseth

. Vegard Heggem                  Andre Bergdølmo

.                  Bent Skammelsrud

.      Roar Strand                Ørjan Berg

. Jan Derek Sørensen         Jahn Ivar "MINI" Jakobsen

.                Harald Martin Brattbakk

Reserves:

Arni Gautur Arasson

Ståle Stensaas

Bjørn Otto Bragstad

Trond Egil Soltvedt

Fredrik Winsnes

John Carew

Sigurd Rushfeldt

Coach: Nils Arne Eggen

Should be able to beat all the above teams easily, im serious

Probably few of you do know any of these players, but Rosenborg in late 90s at its best is equal to todays Man Utd if not better.

Heres a description of the players.

Ola By Rise:

A very solid keeper, one of the best ever in 1v1 situation

Vegard Heggem: <- ello any liverpool fans.

A solid wingback and winger, possesed great pace, technique and right foot

Erik Hoftun:

One of the best central defenders in europe ever, even the likes of Zlatan Ibrahimovic had trouble getting past him...

Rune Bratseth:

A sick kind of Centre Back, had all the qualites of a good defender but including extreme pace

Andre Bergdølmo:

He was everywhere at the flanks, defending and attacking, strong 1v1, knows his teammates very well

Bent Skammelsrud:

God of all central midfielders, excellent playmaker

Roar Strand:

Can play everywhere on the pitch, most loyal and hardworking player ever to exist on planet earth

Ørjan Berg:

Technique and playmaking abilites to rival Zidane himself

Jan Derek Sørensen:

Lightning winger, great crossing and set-play abilites

Harald Martin Bratbakk:

Tiny, weak, fast and scores too many goals

Mini Jakobsen:

Just cant explain him :D , just look here...

Dont flame me for not including world stars, this is a great team...

panda_blue_signature.png

6_100_rc.png

Torres - needs to prove himself in big matches against the big four not done it yet.[/hide]

Big games like the Euro 2008 final...

As for Ibrahimovic, I just don't rate him personally. Sure, he scores in Serie A but he never seems to live up to his reputation in the champions league or the international tournaments (his overall international record is good, but I'm only referring to the tournaments).

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

I was thinking of putting myself on the left back spot, but I figured I'd give the others a chance too ;)

You know I did think that too....

shirtri9.gif

:lol:

@smellysocks: Essien is a great player, why would you not want him as a CDM? If you want my reasons, check his description in my first post.

@olenik: Rosenborg was a fairly good team in the late '90s, but to say that they were as good as a dream team nowadays is a little courageous. And actually that's an understatement: if a team like the ones we posted above your post would be able to train together for about a year, and if they all get along, there is no way that they would lose against Rosenborg '99. Perhaps if they played 10 games, they might win once, of course, but so would any team that plays in the PL, La Liga or Serie A at the moment. I mean check their continental games of that time (just searched them, I don't know that much about football :)):

*98-99: Club Brugge (my favourite club too): 2-0 and 2-4, won by away goals, not by superiority

* " " " : Atletic Bilbao (not the best of Spanish clubs): 1-1, 2-1: not very convincing

* " " " : Juve: 1-1, 0-2: lost

* " " " : Galatasaray: 3-0, 0-3

*99-00: Boavista: 3-0, 2-0: not bad, but Boavista isn't the best club either

* " " " : Feyenoord: 2-2, 0-1: lost, against a club that isn't anywhere near a champion either

* " " " : Bayern Munich: 1-1, 1-2: lost

* " " " : Real Madrid: 1-3, 0-1: finally a club worthy to be a good referenece: lost twice

* " " " : Dynamo Kiev: 1-2, 1-2: again, 2 losses against a mediocre club

So I'm guessing your feelings played too big a role there, seeing as they achieved nothing in a continental championship. Rosenborg is probably to you what Club Brugge is to me: one of the best Danish teams (vs one of the best Belgian teams), but still a weak team when compared to the true giants.

And just for fun's sake, I'm going to post my dream team of young players as well:

.                   S.Agüero                    .

.                   C.Ronaldo                   .

.S.Giovinco                              L.Messi.

.            W.Sneijder      Anderson           .

.G.Chiellini                           V.Behrami.

.            M.Sakho       M.Richards           .

.                   O.Ustari                    .

The newcomers:

'Kun' Sergio Agüero: best young player of South America twice, best player once, then transferred to Atletico. Now one of the strongholders there, I'm sure he's going to a major club next season, for a high transfer fee. He's lightening fast, has great technique, a very accurate shot and is pretty much Messi, but in a striker form.

Sebastian Gionvinco: A Juve-gem, he's been called the new Del Pierro, and also trained with him. Del Pierro himself taught him the tricks of the trade. He's a very small but incredibly talented guy: super agile, the ball sticks to his feet and his creativity and technique allow him to create (and finish, if needed) opportunities.

Sneijder: One of the most underrated players until half a year ago IMHO. I've been kinda following his games as much as I could and there are very little players that can hit the ball as sweetly as he can. He made that clear in the Euro 2008 games he played, including the qualifying games.

Anderson: An attacking midfielder at first, but Fergie & co shaped him into a very dangerous CM with defensive qualities as well. His passing and shot are very good, just like Sneijder, but he's faster and has Brazilian spunk. Also not afraid to commit a foul now and then, if needed.

Valon Behrami: Went to West Ham this year, for only 5mil, which I think may prove to be way below his value. He's very fast, strong, has a sharp tackle and he's one of those right backs that can function as a winger as well: good dribbling skills, knows where to be when attacking etc.

Mamadou Sakho: This is probably the least known name, as he plays at PSG, and only became part of the A-team there this year. He's an outstanding central defender, also able to function as a left back, this is the guy you want in your defence. Rather fast, very strong, supreme in the air, always concentrated and on the right spot and very good defensive skills.

Micah Richards: Every UK football fan knows him by now: this Man City defender is pretty much the equivalent of Sakho, not for the left, but the right part of the defense: a black defender who's got the insight, the defensive skills, the attitude and the physique.

Oscar Ustari: This Argentinian/Italian goalie plays at Getafe, and although he wasn't able to keep the 0 that many times, it has more to do with the questionable Getafe defence. Ustari is an intelligent goalie, one who does not try unpredictable foppish saves, but rather stays put and does his job well, kinda like Van Der Sar.

heinzny2.jpg

@olenik: Rosenborg was a fairly good team in the late '90s, but to say that they were as good as a dream team nowadays is a little courageous. And actually that's an understatement: if a team like the ones we posted above your post would be able to train together for about a year, and if they all get along, there is no way that they would lose against Rosenborg '99. Perhaps if they played 10 games, they might win once, of course, but so would any team that plays in the PL, La Liga or Serie A at the moment. I mean check their continental games of that time (just searched them, I don't know that much about football :)):

*98-99: Club Brugge (my favourite club too): 2-0 and 2-4, won by away goals, not by superiority

* " " " : Atletic Bilbao (not the best of Spanish clubs): 1-1, 2-1: not very convincing

* " " " : Juve: 1-1, 0-2: lost

Juve got practically destroyed, but we missed the deciding penalty

* " " " : Galatasaray: 3-0, 0-3

*99-00: Boavista: 3-0, 2-0: not bad, but Boavista isn't the best club either

* " " " : Borussia Dortmund: 2-2 3-0: you forgot this one

* " " " : Feyenoord: 2-2, 0-1: lost, against a club that isn't anywhere near a champion either

Home game was ruined by a bad referee, we practically owned the game a should have won, one goal was wrongly dismissed. Away game, last game, nothing to lose or win, we already won the group

* " " " : Bayern Munich: 1-1, 1-2: lost

* " " " : Real Madrid: 1-3, 0-1: finally a club worthy to be a good referenece: lost twiceCheck 97/98

* " " " : Dynamo Kiev: 1-2, 1-2: again, 2 losses against a mediocre club

In norway, we play summer season, we had no match practice and lost many players to bigger clubs, we also were very unlucky

So I'm guessing your feelings played too big a role there, seeing as they achieved nothing in a continental championship. Rosenborg is probably to you what Club Brugge is to me: one of the best Danish teams (vs one of the best Belgian teams), but still a weak team when compared to the true giants.

Heres some points from me:

1. Rosenborg is waaaay better than Club Brugge, away goals was just a fluke...

2. Match form during winter played a very important role, but with a tiny bit more luck we could have just won the champions league...

3. One of the best danish teams?... I think you mean the best ever norwegian team, 13 consecutive championships says it all...

4. You say if a dream team was able to train together for 1 year, Rosenborg have been fusing bonds between players for more than a decade...

5. Our former coach Nils Arne Eggen should have alot of mention here, he took a bunch of local boys and made top european team out of them, 9 of the 11 on the pitch away against AC Milan grew up in walking distance from our stadium, and the rest is history as we say...

Also

*95-96: Besiktas 3-0 1-3

* " " " : Legia Warsaw 1-3 4-0

* " " " : Spartak Moscow 2-4 1-4 Spartak was a very strong team at that time, we lead 2-0 at half-time, but then to get eaten alive by a team that won all group games

* " " " : Blackburn 2-1 1-4

First season of Champions league, the away games from pre-1995 is still present.(like 2-0 at home and 1-5 away against dinamo moscow in 92)

*96-97: Panathinaikos 0-1 3-0

* " " " : IFK Göteborg 3-2 1-0

Former scandinavian giants lost its crown

* " " " : Porto 0-1 0-3

* " " " : AC Milan 1-4 2-1

Milan out, Rosenborg to QF after winning on san siro

* " " " : Juventus 1-1 0-2

Winter form kicks in...

*97-98: MTK Budapest 1-0 3-1

* " " " : Porto 2-0 1-1

* " " " : Real Madrid 1-4 2-0: Real Madrids only loss in the competition they went on to win...

* " " " : Olympiakos 5-1 2-2: we got robbed in the last minutes and lost a place in the quarter finals...

*00-01: Shelbourne and Dunaferr out easily in quals...

* " " " : Bayern Munich: 1-3 1-1: just unlucky...

* " " " : Paris SG: 3-1 2-7: Bad away day...

* " " " : Helsingborgs: 6-1 0-2: Hoftun got red carded, which led to the PSG loss too...

* " " " : Uefa Cup through 3 place in group: Deportivo Alaves: 1-1 1-3: winter form+strong team...

Not to mention last year... 2x2-0 against Valencia and 1-1 away against Chelsea in a horrible season for Rosenborg at home...

Yes we have some bad results often, due to instability, but this team is able to win an european cup

panda_blue_signature.png

6_100_rc.png

No reason to get offensive mate, if I were a tad more aggressive I'd have to punch you in the face for calling my team a lot worse than yours, which is without a doubt untrue. You may like your team a lot, but I judge a team's continental abilities (so their actual global value) on their results in all the continental games they played. Rosenborg is no better than a good Belgian team, and we suck. As for the bad continental results: you may be unlucky a few times, but to say all of your losses were bad luck or bad refs, that's a load of bs, and you know it. If you don't you don't know a thing about football.

So there you have it, you can try to convince me Rosenborg is better than Barça, Man U, Chelsea, Juve and all the teams in the world combined, I would just stand there laughing at your naivety.

heinzny2.jpg

Rosenborg is not better than barca, man utd, chelsea and juve, but we are able to beat them on good day.

We also play horrible often, 1-4 at home to milan before beating them away, 2-4 and 1-4 against spartak, 2-7 against PSG, 0-3 against porto, 0-2 against Juve... and many more

But show me Brugge at its best outplaying Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund and Milan away

Rosenborg is a team from a town of 150000, and no money before they started playing in the champions league

Sure brugge has some good results themselves, by playing well, being lucky or even being better than them...:

Brugge - Werder Bremen 1-0

Brugge - Milan 1-0

But rosenborg never loses to [cabbage]ty teams in europe, brugge do, thats whats makes the difference:

Brugge - Brann 1-0 1-2...

panda_blue_signature.png

6_100_rc.png

I never said Brugge was good, or better than Rosenborg did I? I even said, twice, that on a large scale, they suck. They may have won against big teams, like you said, but that's most likely because they had a great day, and the other team underestimated them and had a bad day. Exactly like the scenario where Rosenborg won against other big teams.

Did you perhaps see the CL qualifying games from Liverpool? They had to defeat out champions, Standard de Liège in 2 games, but in BOTH games they were outplayed. Standard missed a penalty in the first game and had all the good chances of the game. In the game at Anfield Road they were also better the largest part of the game, but once again, it ended goal-less. In the last 3 minutes of extra time, Kuyt scored a goal, which got Liverpool through and probably saved Rafa Bénitez's carreer too.

I'm just saying that because every team that is rather good, like Rosenborg, Standard and Brugge, can play a few great games against much better ranked teams, but that doesn't mean they would achieve anything for real. Standard would never be able to get to the finals of the CL, nr would Rosenborg. They can be underestimated and be lucky once, twice or even three continental games in a row, but not all of the games. The quality of the players and the team in total is just not as high as the big one out there. And if you disagree, perhaps even mention Porto winning it in '04, then I have to say that no team has won it the last decades that did not have any very famous players. Porto '04 had Deco, Carvalho, Ferreira, Maniche, Costinha, Pepe,...

I seriously doubt any (true) underdog team can ever win the CL.

heinzny2.jpg

Rosenborg is not better than barca, man utd, chelsea and juve, but we are able to beat them on good day.

Most of the teams in the CL could beat those top teams on a good day. It doesn't mean they would have the world's dream team.

Dream team is more picking the best players individually in their positions and not looking at how they would gel together if they were an actual team. Do you really think each of those Rosenborg players could individually compete with the typical top players?

sig2ho7.jpg

Our players aint the best, but the way they worked together as a unit is something no other team has ever achieved

Someone explain this

And watch this match and dont come telling me brugge can play like that...

http://media.putfile.com/Rosenborg-Dortmund

Edit:

Dream team is more picking the best players individually in their positions and not looking at how they would gel together if they were an actual team. Do you really think each of those Rosenborg players could individually compete with the typical top players?

Our players may not individually compete against top players, but together with the teamwork they can compete on top european level.

We built a team from scratch with no money and slowly they knew eachother strengths and weaknesses.

While other team just buy top players for a lot of money and threw them together, then if they lose, they get rid of them and buy new players.

panda_blue_signature.png

6_100_rc.png

Our players may not individually compete against top players, but together with the teamwork they can compete on top european level.

We built a team from scratch with no money and slowly they knew eachother strengths and weaknesses.

While other team just buy top players for a lot of money and threw them together, then if they lose, they get rid of them and buy new players.

But this whole thread is about picking players from all over the world and bringing them together, choosing them because of their unique skills or the way they performed in the least couple of years. It's all about individuality and not teamwork. Everyone knows that a typical dream team would probably fail miserably as a real team in the real world.

I understand what you are saying and respect Rosenborg for what they have achieved and am not doubting they can compete against the best teams in Europe, but you surely understand the meaning of a dream team thread.

sig2ho7.jpg

and rosenborg>brugge, finitio

Yeah, that's proof enough to me that you don't know [cabbage]e about football, but are a fankid instead.

One last thing perhaps: not losing once, or twice against a good team isn't nearly the same as winning 10 times against a variety of top teams. If you can do that, you're a candidate to be the best team in the world. As far as I know, the only teams up to that task are a select group of 10.

heinzny2.jpg

and rosenborg>brugge, finitio

Yeah, that's proof enough to me that you don't know [cabbage] about football, but are a fankid instead.

I do know about football, but please show me a vid of high class attacking football with brugge

panda_blue_signature.png

6_100_rc.png

What does that have to do anything at all with the fact that Rosenborg is not the same level as the very few top teams in the world? Besides, I already said THREE times that Brugge is not good in comparison to quality teams like Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, Juve, Real, Barça, Roma, Inter or A.C.

And it's not my fault there aren't any videos of Club Brugge beating some team in the Belgian Jupiler League. I would love to see a video of Rosenborg beating a couple (not just one) of the teams I just mentioned, because there are none.

heinzny2.jpg

Heres lots

Rosenborg - Besiktas: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=arWd-7u8weA

Rosenborg - Blackburn*: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-tNBIYGv-RA

AC Milan - Rosenborg: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rkZ7ih6o3-0

Rosenborg - Juventus: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rkZ7ih6o3-0

Rosenborg - Real Madrid:

1st half: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ydMO8QtP_yQ

2nd half: argh removed (the second goal shows top class skill, can be watched in "europaturne"

Boavista - Rosenborg:

1st half: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=woCCRzkjW50

2nd half: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dr7obrYPfyc

Borussia Dortmund - Rosenborg: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aDX2LxNWIQM

Rosenborg - Helsingborgs**: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AlssKIuUPd8

Rosenborg - Inter Milan: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho6sxo_4HIg

Olympiakos - Rosenborg:

1st half: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=myP8ubjKUbc

2nd half: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JUrIp3yImTc

Rosenborg - Valencia: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kUX1Mqkb9I4

Valencia - Rosenborg: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bsHTMGtqZ ... re=related

***Europaturne vid: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mnXJDIic0Go

* English champions

** I know... but 6-1...

*** Just watch the play before the goals, you'll see why rosenborg at its best can beat anybody

Happy?

panda_blue_signature.png

6_100_rc.png

Other than 2 videos they're all rather old, how is a video from 96, 97 or even 05 relevant to how good they are now?

wild_bunch.gif