Grabite Mining?

SomeWelshGuy

I haven't mined properly for a very long time, probably 1 year ago was the last time I power mined. Granite was the best xp, and had no use whatsoever, so you simply dropped it. Now that summoning is out, granite has a use. I don't summon much, and don't mine much, so how would I go about mining granite now? Is there any point in keeping the granite, and if so, which weights? Thanks

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

I would keep the bigger blocks now (5kg) as you can use a chisel with them and turn them into 500 grams. Keeping the 5kg blocks only will net you the most money per trip if you decide to bank/chisel/and sell them. Instead of having say 20 500 grams, you would have 20 5kg, which would be 200 pieces of 500 gram after chiseling them.

sindarin00.png

[hide=Drops]Barrows: Ahrim's Robeskirt (2)

Dragon: Plateskirt (3) : Left Halfs (2) : Med Helm (1) : Boots (14) : Spear (3)

Treasure Trails: Sara Platebody (1)

Slayer: Leaf Bladed Sword (9) : Granite Helm (3) : Granite Maul (1) : Black Mask (3) : Abyssal Whip (2)

Other: Obby Cape (1) : Obby Maul (2)

Splits: Shield Left Half (1) : Dragon Med Helm (4)[/hide]

Granite is useless. Drop it. No one buys it or anything. Only use is junk trading, which isnt even worth banking the granite for.

Oookay, and why did 5kg granite pieces rise to nearly 10k a piece?

You obviously dont pay attention. Okaaaay, il tell you the truth. The truth is that manipulators bought a ton of granite for max price, and since it is never really traded, the price soared. Nice try, I don't say stuff blindly.

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done

Wow I am not really sure what to make of this thread. Granite is useful to mine as high level summoners will buy granite for very quick summoning exp. Since the update of being able to chisel it. Keeping the largest bits are best as you can make them into the smaller chunks.

And to pure, I hope you are kidding.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Granite is useless. Drop it. No one buys it or anything. Only use is junk trading, which isnt even worth banking the granite for.

Oookay, and why did 5kg granite pieces rise to nearly 10k a piece?

You obviously dont pay attention. Okaaaay, il tell you the truth. The truth is that manipulators bought a ton of granite for max price, and since it is never really traded, the price soared. Nice try, I don't say stuff blindly.

you obviously don't pay attention, its called "summoning" and its called READ THE FRONT PAGE, you can now cut it to get to 500g...you, dont pray attention

090828110351.png

090914204824.png

XBL gamertag: SeismicTriangle

Wow I am not really sure what to make of this thread. Granite is useful to mine as high level summoners will buy granite for very quick summoning exp. Since the update of being able to chisel it. Keeping the largest bits are best as you can make them into the smaller chunks.

Try selling granite before saying something you have not proven :lol:

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done

Try selling granite before saying something you have not proven :lol:

With the update came a balancing of ALL of the granite pricing. It is proportional now so as to make the prices fair. As to being able to sell it, think about it, if the price of granite all of a sudden shot up, don't you think that people are going to mine it? Thus flooding the market? Since it is HIGH LEVEL SUMMONERS that need them, I am sure that supply > demand right now. Soon that will be different.

And selling the granite has nothing to do with how idiotic your posts have been.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

granite is completely unsellable but lending out a godsword has never been easier, as its easy to obtain 3m or so granite in an hour lol

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

granite is completely unsellable but lending out a godsword has never been easier, as its easy to obtain 3m or so granite in an hour lol

Exactly. Granite is unsellable which I have been saying this whole time. But it's for jnk trading if oyu have a good way to bank it.

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done

Read the forums, yes, Rants, no. Those are pointless. The kid is obviously pissed because he has been inconveinced.

What you seem to be missing is the fact that the OP asked what would be best to do. We all gave him opinions. I would keep the largest chunks as it could be cut into smaller pieces and sold to high level summoners.

And as to granite being a money maker? That has nothing to do with this thread at all. The OP said he was going to be power mining so I really do not think he is looking for a profit. As a result I suggest he power mine the crap out of it and only keep the largest chunks.

And lastly I would suggest a bit of free thinking instead of being controled by the thoughts, posts, and even rants of others.[stats][/stats]

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Read the forums, yes, Rants, no. Those are pointless. The kid is obviously pissed because he has been inconveinced.

What you seem to be missing is the fact that the OP asked what would be best to do. We all gave him opinions. I would keep the largest chunks as it could be cut into smaller pieces and sold to high level summoners.

And as to granite being a money maker? That has nothing to do with this thread at all. The OP said he was going to be power mining so I really do not think he is looking for a profit. As a result I suggest he power mine the crap out of it and only keep the largest chunks.

And lastly I would suggest a bit of free thinking instead of being controled by the thoughts, posts, and even rants of others.[stats][/stats]

I would keep the largest chunks as it could be cut into smaller pieces and sold to high level summoners.

And as to granite being a money maker? That has nothing to do with this thread at all.

rofl. ( as i stated granite is almost unsellable, also stated by the other guy)

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done

Wow, spamfest :wall:

Thanks to all the people who answered my question. And as Kietaro1 said, I'm not interested in mining for profit, just to powermine. All I wanted to know if it was worth keeping some of the chunks. I think I'll keep some of the 5kg pieces while powermining, they might sell at a later date, and might be useful if I ever get to the higher summoning levels.

To all that were arguing that it doesn't sell, I don't want to sell it. I don't want to make money off it, so that is not a problem.

Could a mod please close this before it creates more spam.

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

rofl. ( as i stated granite is almost unsellable, also stated by the other guy)

So what would you suggest?

And like Kietaro said, just mine the 5kg pieces, Cut into 500g, drop in ge for min and they'll eventually sell.

wl7w9j.png

Kietaro, have you browsed the fourms lately?http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=761375

oo referenced my thread. and yes. I've had granite for lowest. not making any money

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~