Some Magic training questions

Fevered_Flow

Im looking for a cost efficient way to train magic from about level 82 upwards (ideally to 94+). At the moment, im high alching yew longbows (buying the natures at market price and the bows at lowest from the .g.e), but im loosing a little more money than i would like. Im wondering what the alternatives are, and im open to trying pretty much anything apart from the mage training arena (unless im doing something really wrong there, and it isnt actually as slow and boring as it appears).

Anything that gives hits exp or makes a slight profit is a bonus, but obviously these tend to be slower. However aslong as it isnt REALLY slow ill give it a go.

Thanks in advance ::'

make ur own nats. buying both is always gunna lose u money.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

There are certain items that can give you profits when alched, like the Rune Battle Axe. Its lowest price is 24.7k and alches for 260 more, so if you buy 10 or 20 above minimum you will not lose money.

There are also other rune items that I'm sure you will break even or make small profits from, so check the prices of them. The drawback is of course that you are limited to buying 100 per 4 hours or something, and you need a lot of cash to start with to buy in bulk.

Most other methods are gonna cost you, unless you gain money from loot.

Making your own nats is going to lose you money regardless because it costs you time and you could've otherwise sold it. It's often said by people that you will profit if you mine your own ores and coal to make armour, but if you factor in the time it's definitely a loss.

making your own nats is a really stupid response. You're still loosing as much money as you did before.

I'd suggest to alch battlestaves. Buy em for med (9075 each) and alch away (alchs for 9300 each). You need quite a bit of cash for that though, AND you can only buy in 100s, so you should buy them from the forum.

Another nice training method IMO is fire waving steel drags. Pretty afkable, decent xp (not great but still), and a chance of a visage. If you dont get a visage you loose money though.

Slow, but with no money loss... and faster than alching 25 items per hour...

Superheat item gives mining, smithing, and mage xp, plus you lose nothing per cast depending on what the prices are and which ore you are smelting.

Just buy iron/mith/addy/rune, mine in the mining guild for coal, superheat on the spot. It's faster money than mining coal and you will eventualy get a mage level...

MINING!!!

26,974th person to get 85 mining on September 20th, 2008

Try Ferion, it only takes a few minutes per day; you can play it while mining.