Could Someone help me get DirectX 9 for Spore?

Quinton595

Hey guys.. haven't been to tip it in a while.. but it's always the first place i go to when i need help with something :D .

I was just downloading the Spore Creature Creator Free trial, For Windows XP.... And when i installed it it said that i was missing Direct X 9. When i try to start the game, it said:

"this application has failed to start because d3dx9_27.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I tried re-installing it.. nothing...

And i tried Google-ing DirectX 9, but there were Sooo many choices.. i didn't know which to get.. Any ideas about how to make it work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

~Quinton595

TipitSiggy-1.jpg

Isn't there a version included on the disk? Most games usually include a fairly recent version of the latest directx, but maybe spore doesn't. Anyway, what you're looking for:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

This should contain the latest version.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

Isn't there a version included on the disk? Most games usually include a fairly recent version of the latest directx, but maybe spore doesn't. Anyway, what you're looking for:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

This should contain the latest version.

Ugh, thanks for trying, but i need that dumb validation thing.. which i dont have, because i needed to change the way my Windows XP worked, I got windows XP pro, when it think that it only has Windows XP home.. any other places where i could get directX 9 ?

TipitSiggy-1.jpg

Almost every game you buy for Windows nowadays has DirectX stashed on the installation disks. You probably already have game disks that have DirectX somewhere on them.

I know the FS10 DVDs have DirectX9 on them - I've used them to upgrade DirectX on Win98 systems. :P

A lot of freebie disks (think any "Try AOL for free") have DirectX and the latest IE stashed somewhere on them.

Elsewise, you need to bite the bullet and google "directx redist" for a version you can burn to CD and hide for future use (such as: http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/deta ... laylang=en).

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Well thanks for the reply's people.. there was no DirectX on the Cd, so i managed to grab one off another site, its working well now..

but one more thing..

If there's anyone else here who play's Spore, I found that in creature stage, the other creatures around the world were appearing untextured. No skin. just one solid colors... now i know my graphics on my computer are just able to handle the game, but would getting better drivers help?

TipitSiggy-1.jpg

Getting the latest drivers is an absolute MUST! I'd make sure you update yours on a regular basis, checking once a month for new releases is a good idea.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."