Microsoft's commercials feat. Bill Gates and Jerry Seinfeld

DragnFly

A month or two back, it was announced that microsoft had struck a deal with Jerry Seinfeld to perform a series of advertisements for the company, alongside Bill Gates himself.

Since then, a few of their commercials have already been released. For those of you who have not seen them, microsoft has made them available for download off their website: http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/wind ... llery.aspx

What do you think of the advertisements, thus far? I must say, seeing Bill Gates trying to do the robot is sort of funny.

I find them better than Apple's. Although neither really make me want to buy a computer. Apple's make me want to punch both of them in the face, and these new ones just make me want to watch Seinfeld.

But then I realize that show isn't funny. And I cry.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Looks like the dropped Seinfeld. I caught their new comercial tonight, it's actually pretty good. It's a bunch of people from all walks of life saying "I'm a PC". Really kind of sticking it to the Mac commercials.

The seinfield ad was truly pathetic.

It makes Bill Gates look like he has never heard of a hairbrush, and he just looks like a hunched over stereotype nerd.

Seinfield is old and unfunny, and it actually made me cringe...

But the new ad is much better :D

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

Looks like the dropped Seinfeld. I caught their new comercial tonight, it's actually pretty good. It's a bunch of people from all walks of life saying "I'm a PC". Really kind of sticking it to the Mac commercials.

That seems to be part of the problem, though...

People got this thought into their heads that, for whatever reason, that these advertisements were somehow meant to address the apple advertisements. These advertisements would seemed to be aimed at improving their own image, since a large amount of people view vista negatively.

I really fail to see the reason why microsoft would even have to address apple at all. Apple, in the computer market, is practically a nitch market and not a serious threat to microsoft at all.

Theres so many hidden messages in these commercials, like teh old lady where they say "shes been with us 12 years and they cant work without her" there apparently comparing her to Steve Jobs CEO of Apple and hes been at apple 12 years and people suspect he runs the whole operation...

$300 million dollars well spent :roll:

tifsdac6mc.gif

Theres so many hidden messages in these commercials, like teh old lady where they say "shes been with us 12 years and they cant work without her" there apparently comparing her to Steve Jobs CEO of Apple and hes been at apple 12 years and people suspect he runs the whole operation...

$300 million dollars well spent :roll:

If that's a hidden message, than [hashedmetaphor].

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream