Using Brushes - Am I stupid, or just a newb? -

Zibl

Well, I downloaded some brushes. My problem is, I dunno really how to even use brushes. A breif walkthrough, or a link to a tutorial on how to load and use DLed brushes would be nice. Heck, I can't even get photoshop brushes to work. Lets say I start a new image. Filter>>Render>>Clouds (easiest thing to do). Now I go to Layer>>New>>Layer. However when I try to use a brush on the new layer, it doesn't work. Downloaded brush or not.

Help plz?

P.S - Made a new siggy. This time, is was actually for somebody. It is for another forum, and has nothing to do with RuneScape:

allysignaturebiggerborder4hz.png

(I was going to put scanlines on the sig {not the image}, but I didn't think it looked right)

RS Name: Zibl || Click Signature for my RS Life Story!

ziblretieredwarriorchicpc7.jpg

[ 87 Combat ] [ 1240 Total ] [ Ex-RSC Professional Merchant ]

12.20.01 - 10.5.05 || Status: Retired

Total losses in 5 years = just over 630 million gp (BILLIONS in today's prices)

38 views, no help... I know 99.9% of the people on the media board are basicly experts with brushes (downloaded or not). Could someone please take the time to atleast direct me to a place where I can get help?

I don't see why it's not working. The brush is installed and you can access it from your brushes menu? Once selected, you should be able to just choose your color and start brushing. I'm not really a fan of downloaded brushes so I can't help too much. You're better off just modifying the defaults or making your own ;).

Well, since I am an A+ Newb with photoshop (for now anyways), I'm not exactly sure how to install them into Photoshop, if you even can.

I suppose I could fool around with some default brushes, but quite frankly, I'm lazy :) . Thx though.

Well, since I am an A+ Newb with photoshop (for now anyways), I'm not exactly sure how to install them into Photoshop, if you even can.

I suppose I could fool around with some default brushes, but quite frankly, I'm lazy :) . Thx though.

A screenshot would really help, but I'm lazy also. I'll try to do this words and from memory. Over on the right where it says brushes there should be a little arrow next to it. It's right next to the title for the whole dropdown that lets you choose your brush and settings and such. Anyway, the arrow should show it's own dropdown that has a thing that says "install brushes." Find where you downloaded them and and install :).