An idea that's easier to implement than P.O.S(updated)

gadien01

Like the title suggest this idea is would be a lot easier to implement than Palyer owned stalls/shops or auction houses. It would either be a server or area ment just for buying/selling items. Here it goes!

1) Sever/Area: Merchant or Flee Market style area/server. There would be 2 servers 1 for members and 1 for free to prevent conflict of f2p players getting member items. Alternatively, this could be an area inaccessable except by teleporting to it through a person/item, saving the money that would be sepen on the new servers. Being teleport there would be free of charage and everyone would be able to use it. The people that teleport would be located at anybank.

2)Layout: It would be one huge buliding lets say 3x the size of lubby castle. In this huge buliding there would be 4 sub rooms, a basment, and 1 bank located in the center. Each room would be desginated for a different type item and the room would be designated by that item's type. The 4 different rooms would consits of: Weapons, Armor, Ore/Bars(including pick axes), Runes. Each room would be like a new area to prevent over-lap and to lessen lag. The basement would be for misc. items and most likely rares and uncommon items like the abyssal wip depending on how players use it.

heres a basic pic of how the lay out would look

bank3wu.png

3) How it works. First off there isn't a way of preventing people from saying bank sale because the language filiter is bad enough already without it being worse, but the desgin of server area should limit that to only the basement because players tend to use things like this the way they were desginend. . There aksi isn't a way to block people from selling items that aren't a part of the rooms theme, unless they are temporaily taken away upon entering, but that would cause more problems and cost more moeny. Again since most people play properly this won'y be a huge problem.

However there is still 1 problem, where do the people go after they log off of this server. Well the way I believe this would work is that players are automatically sent to lubby after loging out of this server; however, if its just an added area like castle wars was then it would send you lubby for free, or any major city that people can teleport to using spells at a cost of 1,000 gc.

Well what do you guys think?

Interesting concept, but theres nothing to stop you selling anywhere else to be honest, and, just to sell some items, its a bit of a long winded way.

I would like to see some proper market squares, where players can set up stalls, and sell goods without having to constantly run around and typing deals.

But, I doubt it will happen as the current way of trading, while not exactly good, it does work.

Interesting concept, but theres nothing to stop you selling anywhere else to be honest, and, just to sell some items, its a bit of a long winded way.

I would like to see some proper market squares, where players can set up stalls, and sell goods without having to constantly run around and typing deals.

But, I doubt it will happen as the current way of trading, while not exactly good, it does work.

I don't see how its longer than selling items now. This just centralizes everything into one area, while preventing lag for thoes who are just playing the game. Most people sell near banks and thats where the teleporter guy is to this area so it would take teh same amout of time.

heres another good idea that relates to pos's.

instead of a stall for ur items, which would take up too much memory, players can hold lists. If the list is in their inventory, a new option will be added to that person once right clicked. U click on that and you get to see what they are selling and for what price on the list. So instead of ppl typing, "selling full runes, 200k each--trade katsuro0" over and over, you can just type, "selling rune-katsuro." then people would check out your list. you like?

knightsoforderse9.png

just to say it was tried on tibia and it didnt work all that well cos people on there freinds list would break in

hacker:(standing by ur shop) hi (pmed)

you: (standing some where else) hi (pmed)

hacker:(begins sing 'money money money' as they clear out your shop and u start asking them questions)

it could work but the hole issue of po-stuff needs work.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.