Acquiring Explorer Ring (2) as a F2P Skiller?

Bunnies

The Explorer Ring, with its' various upgrades looks like a very useful item, one which I desire immensely on my account <3: .

However, there is a problem.

My account is a level 3 skilling account and I would prefer for it stay this way, but unfortunately a significant number of the Easy level tasks require combat. Obviously, if I was a member this would be no biggy - Cakes, a Jug of Wine and a Ring of Recoil would ensure I did level combat related stats.

As a F2Per, there seems no way to get around leveling my combat stats, unless I would just have to last hit the required creature [Thus gaining 3*1 XP in Att/Str/Def - Controlled style, 3 instances of combat, Cows/Rats/Zombies respectively].

The way to do this would be to have a combat oriented friend fight said monster and then break off, allowing me to last hit. Is this possible, or do I have to score the majority of damage for the task to be recorded as finished in my diary?

You need to do The Restless Ghost to even finish the Beginner tasks, which would give you 1125 prayer xp and rise your prayer up to 9 (if you have 0xp). That would give you 1 combat level. :?