Changing Taskbar

Haneet

Hey, I use Windows XP, and you know the taskbar? How can I change it? Something like this:

13gs.png

to this:

11nb.png*

How do I get those and how can I change it? Thanks.

*Picture courtesy of learn2die101

It's a program called WindowBlinds, you can find it and other great software at http://www.stardock.com.

Warning though: I highly advise against the uxtheme.dll hack (if you don't know what I'm talking about, good), if you happen to come across it while looking for themes, stay clear. It can cause problems for your computer, and, not only that, Windowblinds is much more powerful.

Also, stay way clear of StyleXP. It's basically a graphical frontend to the hack I mentioned above. So, not only is it not as cool as WindowBlinds, they're charging you for a product that's illiegal and can be gotten for free anyway.

IRKAa.jpg

It's a program called WindowBlinds, you can find it and other great software at http://www.stardock.com.

Warning though: I highly advise against the uxtheme.dll hack (if you don't know what I'm talking about, good), if you happen to come across it while looking for themes, stay clear. It can cause problems for your computer, and, not only that, Windowblinds is much more powerful.

Also, stay way clear of StyleXP. It's basically a graphical frontend to the hack I mentioned above. So, not only is it not as cool as WindowBlinds, they're charging you for a product that's illiegal and can be gotten for free anyway.

I've been using stylexp for at least a year now. It's got some amazing themes and I've never had any problems with it. No use paying for it though lol

You should really check out WindowBlinds. Not only is it much more powerful than StyleXP, but you can, if you really want to, run MSStyles on it. It automatically converts them to .wba's I believe.. (although it's possible you have to have SkinStudio for that..hmm)

If you do have to have SkinStudio, it's no big deal. It comes with Object Desktop. It's a fantastic software package, you get about a dozen great programs for only $50 a year.

EDIT: That is, you buy the subscription to it for $50, that gives you all the programs and any updates within that year. After that year is up, you can still use the programs, you just can't get the updates. And if you want to re-subscribe, it's only $35.

I've been doing it for 3 years now and don't have any regrets.

IRKAa.jpg

see, i rule that much :P

the program i use is windows blinds, the skin i use is called neOS... if u need more information i guess u could talk with me on msn or aim