New stuff for the free players from time to time

scootaboot

Look at the list that omali gave of all the things that f2pers have received ABSOLUTELY FREE OF CHARGE.

And then the guy is posting saying (oh they are all stupid no one does them).

Seriously, MOST f2pers are like wild animals...you feed them once and they will never leave you alone.

I know when I was f2p I didn't even look at the ads. Bluelancer said that the add clicks make jagex 1 million dollars a year?

Lets look at the 1million members that jagex has(absolutely minimum). 1 Million x $7 us a month, x 12 months = $84 000 000.

Why should jagex be spending time and money to give update for 1/85 of their revenue?

There are only about 100,000 members on the game and do you know what happens to RuneScape without its Free Players? If it has ALWAYS been a P2p game???

And hehe, I bet you've never read or heard about customer service...

Fact check: There are over 1 million members and over 9 million nonmembers since the last time Jagex release these numbers.

Unlike f2p, you CAN count member inactives as helping Jagex since they are still paying money despite not being active.

Alright... it is time that I, an F2P'er with a balanced-yet-crazy tangent, weighed in on this... :ugeek:

It can not be ignored that F2P has gotten a lot of updates in the past year. Sure, some are so [bleep] that it has left both F2P and P2P complaining. But yes, there are good/awesome ones in the mix. :D

Now, with that out of the way, the following opinion must be said: The quest that Jagex has made open to F2P only during Halloween 2008 is rather nice. In my opinion again, it would be best left open, as a milestone and memorial to Jagex having had RS's second incarnation active for 4.5+ Years since release. Maybe release one quest per Halloween Holiday or two after this, but nothing quicker than that, milestones of RS's continued survival. :mrgreen:

And as for skills, Jagex could safely release only the amount of Fletching back into F2P that's needed for F2P's ranged options as an additional standing memorial... At least, this seems safe to do, what with the G.E. having killed 99.99999% of any possible methods of RWT forever. Beyond that, I think the design of F2P is basically finished, except for adding corrupt items for F2P Range/Mage to PvP... Unless you count one last minor addition of Bank Space in a couple years as an item to do. :?

If Jagex did all of that, I'd be perfectly happy. I can't see anything beyond that which F2P could want and/or need... Unless you count those newbs/noobs who are yelling about a lack of CTF in F2P. :lol:

~D. V. "Just a few medium/small things left to reach completion..." Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Hmm.. Thanks for the replies and stuff... I realized something. I have not played RuneScape for months now. I tried checking all the updates that you listed here. The F2p's did get a lot of updates. The FoG has a new shield and things. Theres also the corrupt dragon for the Pkers. I was surprised though... Jagex has never given this much updates in the past years... Well anyway, you could choose to expand this discussion all you want. Just wanted to let you know that, I got what I wanted.

:pray: =D> :shame: #-o