Farming Advice

Peterblue

And, probably the last question. I ran into this while trying to do Garden of Tranquility: Disease. When a plant is diseased, does it completely stop growing? And how can I protect it from disease(I heard Marigolds do)?

Anyways, I am about to finish Garden of Tranquility, at which point I will have level 31 farming, close to 32. The only thing left for me is trying to get to 40 quickly. What plant should I use for this?(the guide doesn't really say which plant's the fastest)

Goldflame.png

Click here to learn the best profit from MTK.

Right. No offense but that's not really constructive. But the thread's pretty much over anyways. I have tried farming, and, although I don't like the skill, I am already halfway towards the goal. The only problem is that it messes pretty badly with my training at Yaks on Neitiznot.

Goldflame.png

And, probably the last question. I ran into this while trying to do Garden of Tranquility: Disease. When a plant is diseased, does it completely stop growing? And how can I protect it from disease(I heard Marigolds do)?

Anyways, I am about to finish Garden of Tranquility, at which point I will have level 31 farming, close to 32. The only thing left for me is trying to get to 40 quickly. What plant should I use for this?(the guide doesn't really say which plant's the fastest)

Just to answer this in case anyone else is following the thread and is curious, when a plant gets diseased it stops growing for a couple cycles, then dies and must be shoveled out in order to clear the patch for new planting. If during these couple cycles you use some plant cure on it, it will resume its growth cycle from that point.

Certain flowers will help prevent nearby allotment crops from getting diseased. Marigolds work on potatoes, cabbage, and onions I think. It's in the tip.it farming guide if you care to know, although I just pay the farmers, which prevents disease in the first place. As for the fastest, just plant in all accessible patches and plant the highest crops you can - in your case you should be growing some decent herbs and strawberries. Maybe a willow tree or two for some large experience bursts.

Dragoon_Z2.png

Dragoon_Z2.png

I got tired of delaying my training for farming, so I decided to go bananas. I need to plant 11 for level 40. I will plant 8 and farm normally for the rest. These 8 cost me quite a lot - the seeds were cheap, but paying the farmers was around 2.4k a tree(4 apple baskets per tree, 5 apples to a basket, apples at around 100 and something).

Goldflame.png

Right. No offense but that's not really constructive. But the thread's pretty much over anyways. I have tried farming, and, although I don't like the skill, I am already halfway towards the goal. The only problem is that it messes pretty badly with my training at Yaks on Neitiznot.

Gah.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

I've posted real help.

Just read more.

All these people who just come in and ask for help in a thread or 2 leave the next week never come back

+ they never read majority of their posts. :|

And, yes, Ray, I did read all of the posts. Just most of them were contradictory(I don't think yours were). I ended up going with the poster whose help seemed the most likely to benefit me. And it's called the Help + Advice Subforum. I came here for and got some good advice.

Goldflame.png

Which ironically was mine. :lol:

And in a close second would be OmidSan with this post:

Try it yourself... Don't always expect others to help you

Heh lol.

Now I just have to points out that a garden pie is kinda easy to buy on the ge and make yourself - this boosts your farming by a bit. (3 or 5?).

Also as soon as you can farm ranarrs, farm them LOTS.

They really are good money.

(supercompost everything which seeds costs more than 2k)

(composts everything which seeds costs more than 500gp)

^Thats what I do anyway.

@Omidsan - this is the help and advice forum...if your not going to help...then don't post

On Topic - you could hunt for penguins, they give decent xp, thats how I got my slayer up.

Hey froobface. Read the whole thread. He said he was lvl 1 and never tried it be4. Thats why i said at least try it.

OmidSan.gif

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

OmidSan.png

@Omidsan - this is the help and advice forum...if your not going to help...then don't post

On Topic - you could hunt for penguins, they give decent xp, thats how I got my slayer up.

Penguins really aren't worth using on farming. It's almost free to raise, you can totally afk on it (for days at a time, if you want!), and the experience increases are very fast, especially at low levels. I was gaining 2-3 levels a day at it. Use those penguin points on something horribly slow to raise (like herblore or agility) or something expensive to train (like summoning or construction).

Dragoon_Z2.png

Dragoon_Z2.png

First of all...your name calling is hilarious, I like it...chubface, now froobface, have you chosen which guy you would like to fight yet? 93 or 102, either one...

On Topic...he said that he was almost there? So why not the penguins if he wants to train? Besides it is kind of fun working as a team.

About the never trying it first...what's wrong with asking first? Maybe he doesn't want to waste time/money?

PS: Grow up kid